I'm going to build my own smart home system with custom smart devices - f.e. custom meteo station with many sensors. My requirements for the whole system are:
- I want to be able to see data and do actions online - even if I'm not at home
- I want to build my own sensors and devices
- some devices (f.e. meteo station) should have such a low energy consumption that it can be powered from a battery which is charged by small solar panel
I'm considering a following solution:
- the system would consist of devices, central device("hub") and custom PHP application running on my server in the cloud
- every device will be built on the top of the Z-UNO
- the central device will manage the devices - gather data from them and perform actions
- the central device will be Razpberry
- I will write the PHP application which will run in the cloud and this will gather data from the central device.
- the reasons I want to have the online PHP application ("online control panel"): it will allow me to perform actions and see data even if I'm not home; the data will be stored safely in the cloud and I will be able to store a big amount of historical data there; I will be able to detect a power or network failure if the Razpberry device gets offline
I want to ask more experienced users if you think this is achievable and this is a good solution or I should change it somehow. And the most important - if I will be able to simply send data from Razpberry (Z-way?) to my online application.
Tips, Tricks and Scripts to enhance your home automation and workaround known device bugs, limitations and incompatibilities
2 posts • Page 1 of 1