Google Home Assistant

Official announcements from Z-Wave.Me team. Check this forum to get information about new releases and bug fixes.
epoitras

Re: Google Home Assistant

Post by epoitras »

Any news about this ?
stenestad

Post by stenestad »

Any news on this?
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

It is now available for English- and Russian- speaking audience. Very soon in German, Italian, French and Spanish.

You need v3.0.3 for Google Home support. Goo in Google Assistant or in Google Home and add new devices - link Z-Wave.Me account to Google.

Please feel free to write me your experience as we still have things to improve here
sc-magnus

Post by sc-magnus »

Hi.
I get an error when selecting rooms when i try to link my account in Google Home.
after selecting my rooms and hitting "apply" a box pops up says "Unable to update data"

Any tricks and tips?
m0m

Post by m0m »

First of all thanks for this plugin.

I have two main issues:
* 3 out of 4 times my google assistant says something like "zwave.me is currently unavailable". Maybe you could add the option to connect locally (see https://developers.google.com/assistant ... epts/local)
* Except my rgb devices all of the lamps (dimmers and switches) show up as switch in the google home app. So when I say "Switch all lights off" google just switches of the lights, not the switches. As i also have one lamp connected to a switchable socket I would love to have an option to configure the device type in z-way.

Also i noticed that you need to give ga access to at least one room, otherwise you will get the error magnus mentioned.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Local API would be nice - we are thinking about it. But we are also searching for the problem in cloud way - we don't even receive the request, so the problem should be somewhere on Google side.

The device type can be configured using tags on devices: type-socket, type-light, type-switch.

Interesting about rooms - we will check it too
m0m

Post by m0m »

Thanks for the tag tip. But unfortunately syncing z-wave.me in ga constantly fails :(.

Ahh, connecting over zwave.me doesn't seem to work at all at the moment. Maybe that's the reason.
m0m

Post by m0m »

Unfortunately using tags doesn't work. When I tag those devices showing up aus switches with type-light, ga reports an error when syncing zwave.me or initially adding the service :(
sc-magnus

Post by sc-magnus »

I still have problem with adding zwave.me to google home.
I found that i could activate Google home Assistans on devices in Z-way user interface.
But still when I try to Link my account in Google home i get " Smart Home UI- ERROR Unable to update data"
even if I select 1 room or all rooms.
Is there a known bug/problem?
Attachments
ui.PNG
ui.PNG (28.88 KiB) Viewed 20576 times
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Please go to the Google Assistant app and link with Z-Wave.Me.