Google Home Assistant

Official announcements from Z-Wave.Me team. Check this forum to get information about new releases and bug fixes.
marco

Re: Google Home Assistant

Post by marco »

Dears, I've just checked. It works for me.
Good job guys!
Marco
insiorc

Post by insiorc »

I've had this working about 4 weeks now, it's mostly worked fine with the occasional " z-wave.me is unavailable right now".

What I have to do is pause/stop the Google Home app within the z-way Active Apps as if I don't then the server stops requiring an RPi reboot. With it paused, it does continue to work via the Google Assistant.

Running Rpi4, Buster, z-way 3.0.3
Rpi4 2Gb, Z-Way 3.2.2, UZB 5.39
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Indeed, we have seen that Z-Way crashes for some users on Google Home integration. We have improved in v3.0.4 (updated OpenSSL as the old one was crashing Z-Way). Now should work better. Please check it
insiorc

Post by insiorc »

I updated to v3.0.4 and have had it running a few days without any reboot, so all good there.

There is still a few instances of "sorry, couldn't reach z-wave.me", but it's useful when it's working well.
insiorc

Post by insiorc »

I've been finding the Google integration useful for some time now, but almost every time I get the "sorry, it looks like zwave.me is unavailable right now" message but then after about 5 seconds the light will turn on/off. The delay, while irritating, I can live with as usually the light will operate, but is there any way to stop the error message being announced each time?
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

If you can tell us part of your token (only part, some 6 symbols only - not to give full access ;), we can check it on our system. But so far we have noticed that some Google servers have problems reaching our servers. Anyway, we can check - also give us time when it complains and where it does not so we can compare those moments.

The token can be found in users - google user -> list of sessions (there should be one).
enbemokel

Post by enbemokel »

Hi Team,
I can see the same issue with Alexa. Trying to switch over Alexa will fail, an immediately command via z-way is always working.
So seems the z-way cloud service is to slow, as other systems are working fine the same time.
Just for Info.
Nico
insiorc

Post by insiorc »

Thanks PoltoS

The only thing looking like a token that I could find was the name https://oauth-redirect.googleuserconten ... XXXX984729 (leaving the requested 6 digits). Is this what you need?

Today I have asked Google to operate a light and a blind several times and each time I got the error message, but each time it did work after delays between about 5 to 30 seconds. Below is the time, instruction and error message received. If I also manage to have a successful operation with no message then I will post the time.

10:14 - turn on living room light - sorry, it looks like zwave.me is unavailable right now
10:15 - open master bedroom blind - sorry I couldn't reach zwave.message
10:17 - close master bedroom blind - sorry I couldn't reach zwave.message
10:19 - turn off living room light - sorry I couldn't reach zwave.message
19:22 - turn off living room light - sorry I couldn't reach zwave.message
19:23 - turn on living room light - sorry, it looks like zwave.me is unavailable right now
22:13 - turn on living room light - sorry I couldn't reach zwave.me
22:15 - turn off living room light - sorry I couldn't reach zwave.me
23:15 - turn off living room light - sorry I couldn't reach zwave.me
23:16 - turn on living room light - sorry I couldn't reach zwave.me
insiorc

Post by insiorc »

As an update, over the past few days Google Assistant has worked 100% of the time, just varying time delays and always an error message.
insiorc

Post by insiorc »

And finally, I got an instance where the google assistant turned off the light as expected with no delays or error, just a confirmation tone. This was at 00:54. Unfortunately this morning it is giving the error but not actually activating the light.

Thanks.