Google Home Assistant

Official announcements from Z-Wave.Me team. Check this forum to get information about new releases and bug fixes.
micky1500

Re: Google Home Assistant

Post by micky1500 »

It's the same with Alexa.
Depends what server my Rasperry is connected to on port :22
try this Linux command. netstat -napt
Has not worked well for a couple of years now.

Switzerland 185..x.x.x works 20% from UK
Switzerland 46.x.x.x works 40% From UK
unknown 194.x.x.x works 80% from UK
German Server works Best 95% From UK

Maybe the servers can be fixed !

Thanks
Raspi 4 - (Buster - 32 Bit) Zwave Version 4.1.1, Raz 7 Pro, Serial API Version: 07.38
insiorc

Post by insiorc »

Thanks for that, I'll need to check in a couple of weeks when I get back home as I've had to leave for work.
Rpi4 2Gb, Z-Way 3.2.2, UZB 5.39
insiorc

Post by insiorc »

So it appears I'm connected to the Switzerland 185.25.x.x server, working 20% of the time? Is there a way to change the server?
I've not had it back up and running long enough to know if it's actually functioning, we tend to forget to use it due to it not working reliably.
micky1500

Post by micky1500 »

They must get error logs for their servers, I assume global users get a working service from the 185.x.x.x servers, if everyone is getting 20% service like I do, then the servers should be shut down.

You can Block the IP address on your routers Firewall, Z-way.me will then have to try the alternatives.
Turn off remote access app, then turn it on again, it will look for a free server.
or Restart the z-way app. sudo /etc/init.d/z-way-server restart

sudo netstat -napt | grep ssh

Today has another issue, the Alexa service is not working on all servers, give it a day or 2 !
Raspi 4 - (Buster - 32 Bit) Zwave Version 4.1.1, Raz 7 Pro, Serial API Version: 07.38
insiorc

Post by insiorc »

Not sure if it's a coincidence or been sorted, but my google assistant integration has been 100% since last night. It's great when it's working.
philippescholtes

Post by philippescholtes »

Two years we are at v. 0.1.0, so we assume that the approval by Google was not forthcoming.
Anyway, this is about integrating z-Wave into Google Home Assistant: is there a way of integrating GHA in z-Wave? Concretely, I have a z-Wave network with several devices, and I would like to integrate a new device controlled by GHA.
timb

Post by timb »

I had recently had to rebuild my Zway, so it changed its ID. Then Google Home Assistant stopped working, so I assume it was because it had the wrong ID. On the mobile, using Google Home, I tried to reconnect - that failed. So I unlinked z-wave and thought I would reconnect. Now however, when I select z-wave.me on "works with Google" i get "Couldn't reach z-wave.me" - ANY HELP WELOME :-)

(Still on v3.2.3)
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

You need to delete the integration to add it again. Remove it from Google and then set up as a fresh one.