New iOS and Android apps for Z-Way

Official announcements from Z-Wave.Me team. Check this forum to get information about new releases and bug fixes.
PoltoS

New iOS and Android apps for Z-Way

Post by PoltoS »

Great news! Z-Wave.Me team released new iOS and Android apps for your Z-Way controller.
ibjr

Re: New iOS and Android apps for Z-Way

Post by ibjr »

Just installed the new iOS app.
I tried to enter the local IP address (192.168.xxx.yyy:8083) but the app does not allow 3 digits in the XXX field, only two. It automatically adds a '.' (dot) after the second X
Also, it is not possible to modify the hub settings later on; so you have to add a new hub, but then again: it is not possible to add the 192.168.xxx.yyy address
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

You an modify the hub - go in hub list and swipe left the hub you need to change. This is the iOS style to do it.

We will check your issue with the IP validation pattern. Meanwhile please scan the QR-code from your web UI. In SmartHome UI go to Devices -> Mobile -> Add. We also suggest to use the beta Z-Way. Use this command line to install:

Code: Select all

export BUILD=3.0.6-23-ge57fd1b; cd /tmp/ && wget https://storage.z-wave.me/z-way-server/z-way-${BUILD}_armhf.deb && sudo dpkg -i z-way-${BUILD}_armhf.deb
enbemokel

Post by enbemokel »

Seems to be a bug with camera view and history view. I get no picture, only the crosses for deleting or closing the window.
Can confirm that it starts faster and I like the function of long pressing an device for configuration. :-)
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Confirmed, this is to be fixed in the app. We are working on it
platypus

Post by platypus »

Is my understanding correct that the “Hubname” is free to choose?

I tried to connect a Nokia 7 Plus with z-wave.me app version 1.1 to z-way server version 3.0.5. The apps description tells it will work with 3.0.5. It only focused the QR-Code but did not scan. When manually entering the local IP it did not connect and did not show any error message. Entering IP and port is not possible. Is it necessary to enter the port?

And as I boycott google, is there a place to download the most recent apk file to get it on my phone without playstore?
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

platypus wrote:
17 Aug 2020 19:30
Is my understanding correct that the “Hubname” is free to choose?
Yes, this is to differenciate one house from another
platypus wrote:
I tried to connect a Nokia 7 Plus with z-wave.me app version 1.1 to z-way server version 3.0.5. The apps description tells it will work with 3.0.5. It only focused the QR-Code but did not scan. When manually entering the local IP it did not connect and did not show any error message. Entering IP and port is not possible. Is it necessary to enter the port?
No need to enter the port - it is filled automatically with 8083.

Please note that the QR-code should be located under Settings->Devices->Mobile phone->Add.
platypus wrote:
And as I boycott google, is there a place to download the most recent apk file to get it on my phone without playstore?
Sure, any APK storage like https://apkpure.com/z-wave-me/me.zwave.zway
timb

Post by timb »

I have upgraded to 3.1.0 and installed the app.
I managed to scan the QR code and all looked good.

However, when i closed the app and re-opened on my phone, it reverts to the login screen. When i put in my username (admin) and password, the application never returns - just sits at "Loading..."

Any ideas?
aLiEnHeAd

Post by aLiEnHeAd »

Try starting the app with mobile data instead of wifi connection. I don't know why, but it seemed to behave a little bit differently.
timb

Post by timb »

No joy.
Doesnt appear that the Find.me service is working either?