Z-Wave v3.1.3 Release

Official announcements from Z-Wave.Me team. Check this forum to get information about new releases and bug fixes.
PoltoS

Z-Wave v3.1.3 Release

Post by PoltoS »

Dear Z-Way users, we are happy to announce a new version v3.1.3 of the Z-Way smart home controller and the new Z-Wave.Me Android app!

Below we have listed the most important changes introduced in last 6 months. The full change log is available on https://storage.z-wave.me/z-way-server/ChangeLog

UI improvements:
  • Bigger fonts for values on widgets to focus on important data.
  • Full rework of the Heating app! We will help you to get more comfort and save money during this cold winter.
  • Removed the annoying Welcome screen popping up each time.
  • Improved events view with better icons and filtering.
  • Wi-Fi configuration for Z-Wave.Me Hub to connect to your wireless network.
  • Improved HomeKit support for better integration with Apple Home.
For installers:
  • It is now easier to navigate thru home automation configuration: in widget settings you can see Apps referencing this widget.
  • Various improvements of Logical Rules and Thermostat Device apps.
  • Improved Network Reorganization tool. Use it in any doubts of Z-Wave range or routing issues.
  • Users settings page shows last connection time and IP. Current access token is shown to be used in integration thru API. Widgets settings page shows help for basic API commands.
  • Adde demultiplexer API call for HTTP GET request to execute many API commands in one request.
  • Added API for automated S2 PIN code entering: set controller.data.S2AutoInclude.pin and .keys just before including a device.
  • Multicast support for non-secure devices (use devices[N].data.multicastGroup = M to group devices together; API might change in future)
  • Added devices[N].data.acceptSetSecurityLevel flag to allow less secure Set
New Android app:
Loads much faster and allows to configure all Z-Way smart home settings right from the mobile app.

Whats next?
  • Improve the iOS app
  • Add shortcuts om the descktop in Android and iOS
  • Improvements of Smart Start UI
  • Multicast UI
LenMaroko

Re: Z-Wave v3.1.3 Release

Post by LenMaroko »

👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼
GokMasE

Post by GokMasE »

Thanks for your efforts, Zway v3.1.3 is installed an running already :)
ibjr

ZWave.me Rel 3.1.3 excessive error reports by AutomationController

Post by ibjr »

Showing the Apps referencing a device in the widget is a very handy feature, but is generates a lot of error messages in the log. Main reason for these errors is the recursive loop in findUsage (in AutomationController.js) at line 3765: it loops through all the items in parameter "schema.properties" , but not all of the items always exist in param "config".
E.g. in the IFThen app, only a subset of schema.properties is being defined in the "config" (e.g. only MultilevelSwitch and not SwitchBinary, or SensorBinary, etc)
If config[prop] does not exist, findUsage will throw an error at line 3705 e.g.: "Error in searching for references in IfThen instance 113: TypeError: Cannot read property 'match' of undefined". But it is obvious that in several cases this is not an error.
Solution is to not call findUsage on line 3682 when config[prop] does not exist, or check if 'config' exists in line 3705 before the call to JSON.stringify(config).match.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Thanks for your helpful comment. We will improve it. Hopefully this does not produce any issues except filling the log with errors
Franz Winchester

Re: Z-Wave v3.1.3 Release ATTENTION

Post by Franz Winchester »

Hello all,
please check and possibly withdraw the update, because at each new login via browser the items are scrambled on the dashboard and in rooms. When you hit the move button the items are sorted again, but you cannot save until you move at least one and when you save it it works only until you start the browser again. Unfortunately I did the update without waiting for some more experiences.
Does not depend on the browser. Checked it on my Laptop and Samrtphone with Firefox, Chrome and Edge.
Please help, how can I downgrade? So its completely useless for me.
Btw: the android app still does not work with 3.1.3. It stucks in a loop after you enter the login data.
Attachments
Scrambled
Scrambled
srambled.PNG (70.36 KiB) Viewed 10552 times
When you hit the move button
When you hit the move button
move.PNG (25.67 KiB) Viewed 10553 times
enbemokel

Post by enbemokel »

Same here. even a backup of an old .zab file does not help.
Franz Winchester

Please help, how can I downgrade?
Franz Winchester

Franz Winchester