Z-Way v3.2.1 Release and update of iOS app

Official announcements from Z-Wave.Me team. Check this forum to get information about new releases and bug fixes.
hubert

Re: Z-Way v3.2.1 Release and update of iOS app

Post by hubert »

Apple HomeKit Gate app is still buggy (maybe more buggy?) in 3.2.1.

The homekit-skip tag does not work reliably.

I am getting 70+ devices (Fibaro sensors etc) showing up when I add the bridge, even though I clearly have the homekit-skip tag added on all of those devices, and have marked them all as "Devices that don't need to be displayed in HomeKit" in the HomeKIt Gate app screen, and clicked save and restarted Z-Way many times.

Can I suggest that you invert this function - I only want to expose maybe 15 of 90 z-wave devices (every Fibaro switch spams about 5 sensors that nobody ever wants to see in Apple Home).

I want to select only the devices I want to show in HomeKit, not the ones to remove.
LenMaroko

Post by LenMaroko »

Hear hear! Exactly!
hubert

Post by hubert »

I have hacked my HomeKit Gate index.js source as follows to ensure that only devices where I manually added a "homekit-include" tag are visible as HomeKit devices:

Code: Select all

/opt/z-way-server/automation/modules/HomeKitGate $ diff ~/index.js-original index.js
55c55
< 		if (vDevT.permanently_hidden || !(vDevT.visibility) || (vDevT.probeType === "alarmSensor_general_purpose") || (vDevT.probeType === "thermostat_mode") || vDevT.tags.indexOf("homekit-skip") !== -1 || (vDevT.deviceType === "thermostat" && vDevT.id.indexOf("ZWayVDev") === -1))
---
> 		if (vDevT.permanently_hidden || !(vDevT.visibility) || (vDevT.probeType === "alarmSensor_general_purpose") || (vDevT.probeType === "thermostat_mode") || vDevT.tags.indexOf("homekit-include") == -1 || (vDevT.deviceType === "thermostat" && vDevT.id.indexOf("ZWayVDev") === -1))
This is working as expected for now

The given functionality is totally buggy - Could be something related to duplicated device names - The way the homekit-skip tag is being added and checked is simply not reliable.
brianaker

Post by brianaker »

+1

This needs to be the default for HomeKit support, otherwise z-way just creates just way too many devices.
Apple's HomeKit environment, and in particular its UI design, is geared toward fewer devices.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Please try this fix.
https://storage.z-wave.me/z-way-server/ ... _armhf.deb

The skip was not changed here to include as you suggested, but we have fixed the bug with adding "skipped" devices.

We will add few more fixes and make a release around 25th of October
GokMasE

Post by GokMasE »

PoltoS wrote:
09 Oct 2021 19:09
Please try this fix.
https://storage.z-wave.me/z-way-server/ ... _armhf.deb

The skip was not changed here to include as you suggested, but we have fixed the bug with adding "skipped" devices.

We will add few more fixes and make a release around 25th of October
Hi PoltoS, I am curious if there are any known general stability issues introduced as of 3.2.0 or 3.2.1 compared to 3.1.4?

3.1.4 has generally seemed very stable for me even over longer periods of time (unless I involve the httpget module, that problem still persist) but with 3.2.1 it seems zway has started crashing on me (that is, even without involving httpget), usually after a couple of days, but sometimes sooner than that.

My current setup is installed on a fresh Buster installation, so that should not add to any issues I hope.

I will be awaiting the zway update mentioned earlier, but I am eager to know if there are potential problems discovered that could explain my new issues.

Regards,

/Joakim
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

We see problems for few customers (out of many many) with crashes in places that have not changed since 3.1.4. Looks like new libraries or new compiler (we updated compilation environment) introduced new race conditions. If you can run it in GDB and provide us after the crash "info thr" and "thr N" and "bt" for each thread (where N is the thread number listed in "info thr") we will fix it sooner.
GokMasE

Post by GokMasE »

PoltoS wrote:
20 Oct 2021 23:53
We see problems for few customers (out of many many) with crashes in places that have not changed since 3.1.4. Looks like new libraries or new compiler (we updated compilation environment) introduced new race conditions. If you can run it in GDB and provide us after the crash "info thr" and "thr N" and "bt" for each thread (where N is the thread number listed in "info thr") we will fix it sooner.
Ok, I will certainly try to help with that.

I just started a new gdb session and will keep you posted as soon as I get any useful results.

/Joakim
GokMasE

Post by GokMasE »

Hi PoltoS,

Just to make sure the information gets through - I sent a PM on Nov 04 with log data from another session that ended with a crash, this time running v3.2.1-3-g485f14e9.

Hopefully there was something useful within the logs this time.

/Joakim
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

It did, thanks!