Z-Way v3.2.2 Release

Official announcements from Z-Wave.Me team. Check this forum to get information about new releases and bug fixes.
PoltoS

Z-Way v3.2.2 Release

Post by PoltoS »

The new Z-Way version v3.2.2 is out!

Below we have listed the most important changes introduced in last months. The full change log is available on https://storage.z-wave.me/z-way-server/ChangeLog

NB! For Rapsberry Pi only Raspbian Buster (Raspberry OS) and Raspbian Bullseye are supported. If you are still on Stretch, you will need to upgrade you Raspbian.

New features and improvements:
  • Support for Raspbian bullseye
  • Added two-directions WebSocket API
  • MQTT improved: automatic re-connection, door lock support, thermostats allows 0.5 C step
  • Improved HomeKit support: homekit-skip tag respected
  • Full rework of Security module: added Entrance group to allow a delay for some sensors on arming and disarming, support for scenes and buttons for arm/disarm/clear by button, Arm condition and Arm failure action to allow checks for sensor state before arming
  • Added new Packets Statistics and Signal strength pages in Expert UI
  • Added nightly Clock Set for all Z-Wave devices to keep them synchronized
  • Fixed statuses updates for Z-Wave Plus devices with no Supervision support
  • Fixed missing devices description files
  • Fixed incorrect value for else Rules
Whats next?
  • Add support for Z-Wave Long Rage
  • Multicast UI
  • Z-Wave Plus V2 improvements
AlesKO

Re: Z-Way v3.2.2 Release

Post by AlesKO »

Installed Rasp OS Bullseye with desktop + z-way software. No errors, finished in minutes. Nice work guys.

But when restoring cloud backup: SmartHome UI ERROR: Update or restore of backup has failed!
Scenes, rules, schedules, rooms... not restored.
Deviced are restored without interviews, descriptions...
Any idea?
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

You can send your backup to our support to let us test. Please also provide logs to check for errors.
otverber

Post by otverber »

Works great!
But Namron Thermostat switch is still not supported, Failes interview on ThermostatSetPoint,

Hope this will be included in next Release?
harre

Post by harre »

Great job guys!
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

@otverber: Nameon? Never seen such a device. Please send us inclusion log or provide remote access with remote support turned on. We will check this new beast and tell if Z-Way is to blame or the device.
vinisz

Post by vinisz »

@poltos, tested this one as well with node-red but still, causes a crash of node-red..
I'll add more details on github page of the node
otverber

Re: Z-Way v3.2.2 Release Namron

Post by otverber »

Please find enclosed image of usermanual for Namron Thermostat plug

https://www.namron.com/products/namron- ... plugg-16a/
2020-04-07 15.10.17.jpg
2020-04-07 15.10.17.jpg (837.4 KiB) Viewed 13446 times
Please guide me to where the inclusion log is located?
seattleneil

Post by seattleneil »

Assuming you're using a Raspberry Pi (Razberry), accessing the Z-Way log file requires SSH (linux command line) access. If you're not familiar with the linux command line, then your best option is to enable remote access with remote support turned on and send a message to @poltos (with your Z-Way Access ID) and request help.

The "inclusion log" isn't a unique log file, rather it's simply an edited version of the log file/var/log/z-way-server.log to only include entries related to the inclusion process. This assumes you're willing to edit and share the log file (and haven't changed the default log file location or log level as defined in file /opt/z-way-server/config.xml).

Based on your description of the problem (ThermostatSetPoint interview fails), I suggest using the expert UI interface (browse to: http://[IP address of your RaZberry]:8083/expert) and forcing an interview (select Configuration from the ribbon bar, select your Namron Thermostat plug device, select the Interview button below the ribbon bar, and press "Force Interview"). At that point, the log file should contain the exchange of messages associated with the interview process (and hopefully show why the ThermostatSetPoint interview failed). With luck, the Force Interview may succeed. If the Force Interview approach fails, I suggest trying the exclusion/inclusion approach since the inclusion process automatically performs the interview (and should reset parameters back to their default values). If neither approach is successful, send the log file that contains the interview-related messages to @poltos.

Keep in mind the interview process involves sending a lot of Z-Wave messages, so moving the device physically close to the Razberry should help rule out radio interference or other communications issues. I've experienced this problem with other devices and the source of the problem was Z-Way sending out the interview messages faster than the device could keep up. This should be revealed in the log file.

IMHO, one of the best features of Z-Way is the ability to troubleshoot problems using the log file contents and tools in the expert UI. The Z-Wave protocol has become very complicated due to multiple versions and the addition of security and encapsulation layers which makes interoperability more challenging. Being a wireless mesh protocol that's subject to random interference doesn't help. Fortunately, using Z-Way's diagnostic tools, I've been able to overcome a lot of frustration. On more than 1 occasion, the best solution was to get rid of poorly behaving devices. For example, I used to have Leviton switches that incorrectly announced they had routes to every other Z-Wave device which messed up the controller's routing table. I have other Z-Wave devices that never have a successful interview and I have to manually issue Z-Way commands to override the interview failure. And keep in mind, the Z-Way software isn't perfect, but at least the company seems committed to fixing bugs in a timely manner.

If all of this sounds like more trouble than it's worth, then it probably makes sense to wait until 2022 for the next generation of automation products based on Matter. I'm a bit of a nerd and enjoy problem-solving Z-Wave issues.
otverber

Post by otverber »

log file/var/log/z-way-server.log ? Ok

putty SSH will help getting the file.
the two Namron thermostat plugs both fail to finish inclusion. force interview in expert mode does not alter the ThermostatSetPoint nterview result. I guess this is because the item is unsupported by z-way; new product missing in database.
Matter is the new zigbee isn't it? I will stick to z-way ..