Z-Way v4.0.2 Release

Official announcements from Z-Wave.Me team. Check this forum to get information about new releases and bug fixes.
markchang

Re: Z-Way v4.0.0 Release

Post by markchang »

And when do you expect to have 4.0.1 atable versión available in firmware update
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

we are doing final checks before sending it to the release.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

@harre and @lanbrown, do you experience issues now?
harre

Post by harre »

It's all good now, except for notifications spam, but I can accept that. Perhaps just mail once per day or a summary of failures last few hours.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

In most cases people want to know it asap
lanbrown

Post by lanbrown »

I'll change the remote z-way controller setting back to 1 second since that seems to exacerbates the issues. If it does crash, do you just need the z-way-server.log, something else, etc?
harre

Post by harre »

PoltoS wrote:
22 Nov 2022 22:10
In most cases people want to know it asap
Fair enough, it's just I have some issues with two nodes. I'll check the other thread you responded in and try work something out.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

@lanbrown yes, please. debug backtrace and log
lanbrown

Post by lanbrown »

It didn't crash but was getting close to where it would. I tried to wait until it did but some automations weren't working. My setup is Home Assistant talking to a "core" Z-Way that doesn't have any Z-Wave devices and it communicates to five remote z-way systems that do have Z-Wave devices. Home Assistant was showing devices in the wrong state. I checked the core system and it showed the same state. If I told the core system to turn something on, it still showed off. I went to the Z-Way system that had that Z-Wave device and it was on. I turned it off and went back to the core system, it showed off and if I click on, it still showed off but on the Z-Way system that had the device it showed as on. So the request made it but the status change never made it back. All I did was restart the core system and everything started to work again. This issue does go back to the 3.x days. So I would say 4.0.1 is not any worse but would be nice to track this issue down. So if you're looking for my opinion about 4.0.1, I would say it is as stable as the 3.2.3 version from my perspective and use case. 4.0.1 doesn't have the stability issues that beta build 154 or the 4.0.0 release had.

All six of my Z-Way systems are on their own network. I can open up TCP/22 (SSH) if you can provide me with where you would be coming from as I don't want to open it to the entire Internet. The only thing you could access would be the Z-Way systems as a firewall sits between them and Home Assistant as well as everything else in my network. So z-wave.me support would be limited to the Z-Way systems and I would be comfortable to allow this access. Alternatively it appears that the Turing Pi 2 will be shipped to me in December. So I could just set the remote z-way servers back to 5 seconds and next month when the Turing Pi 2 is up and running, I can setup a "Dev" core Z-Way system and keep it at 1 second, when it crashes it could stay that way and support can debug it from there. The real system would still be running that Home Assistant communicates with. This is also assuming that two systems can query the same remote Z-Way system which I don't see why it wouldn't work.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Thanks for your feedback.

As I got, you are using a pretty tricky setup:

Code: Select all

[ Z-Wave devices ] <== Z-Wave ==> [ Z-Way 1 ] <== HTTP ==> [ Z-Way 2] <== HTTP ==> [ HA ]
And according to your description, the issue is in the segment:

Code: Select all

[ Z-Way 1 ] <== HTTP ==> [ Z-Way 2]
. If you can reproduce it, please let us know how or please provide access to Z-Way 2 to check it.