Z-Way v4.0.2 Release

Official announcements from Z-Wave.Me team. Check this forum to get information about new releases and bug fixes.
PoltoS

Z-Way v4.0.2 Release

Post by PoltoS »

Welcome the new Z-Way major release v4.0.2!

First of all, the support of Z-Wave Long Range was introduced. With Long Range, you can automate a castle or a neighbouring field. Currently only for the US, but Z-Wave Long Range is already planned for Europe in Q2-Q3 2023. A simple RaZberry 7 firmware upgrade will enable it. Note that Long Range requires RaZberry 7 with firmware 7.28 or upper.

Support for many more notification types and events to always catch important events from your sensors. Some of them are created as hidden not to fill your interface with too many sensors. Find them by choosing Show Hidden in the filter.

More automation tricks with Dummy Devices, easier token generation from the user settings page, and improved Security and Schedule pages.

The new Smart Home Lite UI for mobile phones is available under http://IP:8083/lite link. Android users can select it in the Z-Wave.Me app.

The main Smart Home and Expert UI load was also booted - now loads within two seconds! Don't forget to clear the cache in the mobile app (go to My Hubs and press the refresh button or swipe left).

Shortcuts were added for Android users - create fast icons on the desktop to set the light on or open a door lock!

Expert UI got a new configuration UI for Z-Wave Plus v2 devices. The Expert Commands page was reworked and got API command helpers for easier integration in your projects and parameters to tune the Z-Wave engine.

To know the list of all fixes and improvements please check the full Change Log at https://storage.z-wave.me/z-way-server/ChangeLog

What’s new on our roadmap? Zigbee support, integration with Matter gateways and many small improvements with Z-Wave Plus v2.
harre

Re: Z-Way v4.0.0 Release

Post by harre »

I updated to the latest but I seems the 8083 host dies after a while and I need to do a restart of z-way.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/igrw1p5rhk573 ... 0.log?dl=0
Vovven

Post by Vovven »

Same problem here, Z-way has to be restarted every couple of hours.
Is it safe to reinstall 3.2.3 over 4.0.0
lanbrown

Post by lanbrown »

I ran into that under the Build 154 beta and reported it to z-wave.me support. I went back to build 142. I believe the 154 build is what the actual release is.
enbemokel

Post by enbemokel »

v4.0.0-117-gf91dc92c
Installed it a while ago, no restarts. So I will wait to update ;-)
Vovven

Post by Vovven »

Seems like rebooting the Raspberry, instead of just restarting the zway-server, did the trick.
At least it has been running for 15 hours now without hanging.
Fingers crossed.
lanbrown

Post by lanbrown »

enbemokel wrote:
09 Nov 2022 14:17
v4.0.0-117-gf91dc92c
Installed it a while ago, no restarts. So I will wait to update ;-)
I didn't run into any issues with 142 and have been running it for around two weeks. Build 154 which I believe is the actual release had the issue with crashing. I haven't heard back from support; so I'm not moving to the actual release version.
harre

Post by harre »

Where do you find these pre-release versions?
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Thanks for reporting us, this was fixed! We will soon make a minor release with a few fixes including this. Meanwhile, you can use a workaround:

http://localhost:8083/ZWaveAPI/Run/for (var d in devices) if (devices[d].MultiCmd) devices[d].MultiCmd.data.supported=false

Once 4.0.1 is here, you can revert it back with true at the end or with a Force Interview
lanbrown

Post by lanbrown »

PoltoS wrote:
08 Nov 2022 01:10
What’s new on our roadmap? Zigbee support, integration with Matter gateways and many small improvements with Z-Wave Plus v2.
How will Zigbee support be added? Another module, a new Razberry board or some other method.