connecting to an old wired ADT system

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
John Rygg

connecting to an old wired ADT system

Post by John Rygg »

Hello , I am new to the zwave world and have started playing with the zwave products.

Please excuse me if this question has been answered but I have not been able to find what I am looking for.

I have a house with an old wired adt system that I am replacing with zwave.

all of my doors are wired with sensors and I have motion sensors . All of which still function.

instead of replacing working switches , I would like to know if there is a way to connect the wired sensors to a zwave product ?

3 things I am looking to do

1) connect door switches to zwave sensor of some type

2) Connect motion sensor to a zwave sensor of some type

3) I am looking for the zwave system to beep when a door is opened like the old ADT system would do.

any help would be appreciated

thank you

John Rygg
RottenMutt

Re: connecting to an old wired ADT system

Post by RottenMutt »

http://www.adt.com/

I have a old ADT system, but switched over to smiththompson.com for monitoring and they installed a wireless module for monitoring. I would think there would be a way to communicate with either the control panel or the main panel thru serial communication, but it would probably be a lot easier to just upgrade the whole alarm to something that is zwave already. I would rather use my hardwired sensors then starting over with a bunch of battery powered sensors...
pz1

Post by pz1 »

There are Z-wave "door switches" that allow fo a secondary wired switch to be monitored as well. I do have one from Vision ( ZD 2102).
What kind of data do you get from your monitors via the serial interface?
Since 29-12-2016 I am no longer a moderator for this forum
RottenMutt

Post by RottenMutt »

AD2USB connect ademco and Honeywell systems. Mimics a control panel.

edit:
Envisalink 3 http://www.eyezon.com/?page_id=176

will work with my DSC 5010 alarm installed by ADT.

EnvisaLink 3 is a powerful TCP-IP based bus-level interface to DSC PowerSeries* panels and Honeywell Vista* panels. It allows you to view the status of and even control your alarm panel through a standard web-browser or smart-phone. VOIP Friendly.

Plays Well With Others
Through the built in TPI (third party interface) the EnvisaLink 3 is already compatible with many major home automation systems and numerous 3rd party Android and iPhone apps.