Z-Way - modify add user code to Kwikset?

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
branco

Z-Way - modify add user code to Kwikset?

Post by branco »

Hi,

I am considering purchasing either a razberry or just the uzb and run Z-way. My question is can Z-way allow user code management of the Kwikset smart lock? This is, I would like to remotely manage my access codes to smartlock, I have been looking for a HA that is able to do this but so far I haven't been able to find any that I can install on my Raspberry and use it..
branco

Re: Z-Way - modify add user code to Kwikset?

Post by branco »

I am very interested in buying the raspberry daughter board or the UZB but I really would like to know if anyone knows if we can program the codes for Kwikset in Z Way??? Or even schedule timing for codes?
Mike Yeager

Post by Mike Yeager »

It is possible. I store my users in a SQLite3 database and access it from a web interface. I can modify the user list and then "commit" the changes to the locks. Haven't played with it lately as I got sidetracked with other projects. I'm using the HTTP API from Python.
hp1

Post by hp1 »

Can you share the code and URLs that you use to post the user codes and then read them back?

I'm hoping to do something similar, have a bash script that pushes a code to the door the morning when we have the maids come, and then revoke it at the end of the day.
Mike Yeager

Post by Mike Yeager »

Check out this post. It will give you a quick look at it. Also, if you search for my posts, you'll get a lot more to go on. viewtopic.php?f=3419&t=20365