NEO coolcam PowerPlug

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
cokeman

Re: NEO coolcam PowerPlug

Post by cokeman »

PoltoS wrote:
27 Mar 2020 04:00
@cokeman You need to enter the PIN code in the first field. You are using a dark skin where you have hard to distinguish fields to enter from read-only fields. Here the first (with 0) is to fill, others are read-only.
Ok, thanks, I'll go with the un-secure way then, as I don't know the pin.

Do I have to select the Device description, manually, or it there a way to get z-way to learn this device ?
21.JPG
21.JPG (18.17 KiB) Viewed 3182 times
Josjr

Post by Josjr »

I just received to coolcam power plugs, but don't see any pincode on the box, the manual nor the plug itself.
When I leave it empty or enter 0 the connection can't be created.

What can I do?
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Use Expert UI and grant only S2 Unauthenticated keys.

This is a manufacturer problem that the device do request Authenticated keys but does not provide the pin code. Please report it to the manufacturer
jordanlaris

Post by jordanlaris »

I also inserted a NEO power plug that requested 5 digits from the DSK NOT printed on the unit. Set the plug as “V1” with 5 digits as “00000” - it automatically switches to “V2” and everything is fine. Can you do any step si? Please try again as instruction.
death run 3d
xurg

Post by xurg »

I also have several NEO coolcam plugs and the PIN code stuff never worked for me on those devices. I tried a number of times with several ids I found on the box and the device itself (AFAIU the PIN is supposed to be laser printed on the device casing somewhere) but it always failed. So on those devices you should disable the authentication stuff and the you can use them with regular S2 security. I believe that's part of why they are so cheap. Perhaps they are bad production batches that are being resold this way.
jordanlaris wrote:
26 Sep 2022 04:24
I also inserted a NEO power plug that requested 5 digits from the DSK NOT printed on the unit. Set the plug as “V1” with 5 digits as “00000” - it automatically switches to “V2” and everything is fine. Can you do any step si? Please try again as instruction.
death run 3d
Saw the second page only after posting - interesting find!
Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Rev 1.2
Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)
RaZberry ZW0500 1024/2 SDK: 6.82.01 API: 05.39
Z-Way version v4.1.0