Connection lost to Z-Wave device ID: XX

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
harre

Connection lost to Z-Wave device ID: XX

Post by harre »

I get the mails regarding connection lost.

What is the logic to get the mails? It seems it just trigger too happily. When I enter the expert GUI, I see that the node is indeed having some problems but the link is up again.

Is it possible to get a configurable fail-count or something to quantify the issues so I only get the mails when last 10 responses was lost.

Also, I have quite alot of devices and just having the number of the failed device is not so helpful unless I remember the nodeid. Is it possible to get the label in the mail?
PoltoS

Re: Connection lost to Z-Wave device ID: XX

Post by PoltoS »

The name will be added starting from the next version. The message is sent on two subsequent failures.
harre

Post by harre »

How do I disable or increase failure count for a specific device? I get spam-mailed now once per 10 minutes for a device I have some issues with spotty signal.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

You can check it in the code of Z-Wave binding: in line https://github.com/Z-Wave-Me/home-autom ... x.js#L3927
harre

Post by harre »

Thanks, i have changed it now for me. But where do I find the option to ignore the notification? I cannot find it in the GUI
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

I think those can't be ignored in the UI.
harre

Post by harre »

Aha, that explains it. The mail has this text so I was wondering were to disable it.

---
To disable notifications go in the controller user interface, click the gear icon on the desired device and press Delete button in the Notifications section.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

hm, indeed. for device specific notifications you can do it, while for system-wise notifications this is not possible