Raspberry Pi

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
jussiva

Is there some maintenance

Post by jussiva »

Is there some maintenance work because I my z-agent lost connection all the time.. ->

[D] Assigning socket...
Performing SSL handshake...
[D] Initialising SSL state...
[D] Sending handshake...
Loop started
[D] socket has data
[D] 5 bytes:
[D] 01 03 00 07 FB
[D] socket has data
[D] 5 bytes:
[D] 01 03 00 07 FB
[D] socket has data
[D] 5 bytes:
[D] 01 03 00 07 FB
[D] Server has closed the connection
[E] Socket has gone
Loop ended
[D] Shutting down SSL session...
[D] Freeing SSL session...
[D] Freeing SSL context...
Opening device...
[D] Configuring device...

Am I allowed to further develop z-agent code side ?
PoltoS

Check z-agent and stick on some other Linux machine

Post by PoltoS »

Of course you are allowed to develop and improve z-agent if you want. It is available in open source. Let's say it would be under GNU GPL ;) We can also apply your patches to the official release if you would share them.

Please check that same z-agent code (re-compiled) works with same stick on another Linux machine. If not, it might be stick problem. If it does, you have to dig into Raspberry Pi drivers code. I'm pretty sure that the z-agent code is 100% portable. At least between Linuxes.

jussiva

Is there any public version

Post by jussiva »

Is there any public version repository (git/svn e.g.), which I can use or should I do own to googlecode/etc.. .
jussiva

Is there any way to check on

Post by jussiva »

Is there any way to check on the server side why my zagent lost connection every time?
jussiva

Looks that problem related my

Post by jussiva »

Looks that problem related my old certification files. I download certification files again and now every connection issues gone ! Some why my old certifications didn't work correctly.
PoltoS

This is very strange. Your

Post by PoltoS »

This is very strange. Your previous log shown that certificates were valid. Are you sure it was due to certs?
jussiva

Actually i remove zwave usb

Post by jussiva »

Actually i remove zwave usb stick and tested it in windows z-agent (also downloaded certs) and because it worked fine I put stick back to linux side, replaced certifications with "new one" and start linux z-connector... Maybe connection lost problems related just to my z-stick.. Dont know for sure.. But If same happens again, i can try to analyse problem with another point of view...
eligv

Hello friends,

Post by eligv »

Hello friends,
I start this 2013 with the intention of running the trinomial my disposal. 1. Z-cloud
2. Raspberry (rasbyan operating system).
3. Usb stick, (I have two, the z-wave usb dongle usb and usb-stick aeonlabs z).
I think it's a very interesting solution that deserves a tutorial. I've tried so far follow the z-cloud that provides for the installation of the certifier in linux and I get an error. with all post and read on this forum I have not clear if it works or does not work, or the problems are somewhat faulty equipment that does not work. I've tried both usb sticks I have under windows 7 operating system and I work well, but I do not work in Ubuntu operating system pc or the raspberry raspbian operating system. I put my equipment, my time, (the little I have), and my limited knowledge of Linux programming, along with the community, to operate the system and create a simple tutorial that is available to the community.

Regards and good year for all
jussiva

I've created new google.code

Post by jussiva »

I've created new google.code project where is also little advice to install zagent for raspberry pi.
http://code.google.com/p/z-cloud/wiki/W ... ationHowto
Also there is available pre-builded binaries for raspberry. I'll update project wiki pages as well as whole project in the near future... I hope this would help.
eligv

Thanks for your fantastic

Post by eligv »

Thanks for your fantastic tutorial jussiva!
I am following the tutorial and I was hooked in step 10. . / Run_Z-Agent.sh "File or directory not found" repetitively. I case in Ubuntu and raspbyan.