Z-Wave device Status updates

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
SubnetMask

Z-Wave device Status updates

Post by SubnetMask »

I've noticed that the status of the modules only updates when manually updated in Z-Way. Shouldn't or can the modules broadcast their status change when manually changed so the controller knows their current state? If that's not possible, is there a way to have Z-Way poll the devices on a schedule? Unless I'm missing something, there is no option to set up a job like that in the HA module.

I should probably add that except for two Aeon Appliance Switches, my switches and dimmers are Leviton.
PoltoS

Re: Z-Wave device Status updates

Post by PoltoS »

They should broadcast it only to devices mentioned in the special Report group of the device. Some devices do no support it at all.

See http://razberry.z-wave.me/index.php?id=29
SubnetMask

Post by SubnetMask »

So what does 'it is usually third group' mean? What is 'third group'?
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

1, 2,.... 3!

If you look on Z-Wave.Me and Fibaro devices, they have group N 3 for Reports. Other devices will might have other group or even not have such functionality
SubnetMask

Post by SubnetMask »

So how does one set these groups up? I've been poking around the Z-Way interfaces and so far I have gotten very little to work other than simple manual on/off functions. I might be blind or dumb, but I can't find any way to set up these groups. I've tried setting up scenes and while they show up, they don't work. I must be missing something because I can't see Z-Way being that non-functional.... Any advice on how I can try to figure out how to actually use Z-Way?
radu122

Post by radu122 »

I would also be interested in such a pollling functionality provided by Zway.

Another solution (for some devices) is to set parameters reffering to "unsolicited reports".

You can find the parameter numbers for some devices here: http://manuals.zwaveeurope.com/
You then have to go into "expert mode" in ZWay, and access "For experts" -> "Expert commands", and there you can set different parameters of devices.