ScheduledScene doesnt schedule...

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
alesti

ScheduledScene doesnt schedule...

Post by alesti »

Hi,

i am a rookie at zwave, and i thing i have a wrong thought in my considerations.
I use a razberry to manage a Danfoss LC13, and i managed it to install razberry, the webinterface and to connect the valve to the z-wave controller on the pi.

It looks like every thing like jrn asked in viewtopic.php?f=3419&t=22060, i asked me the same things and built a CodeDevice as binary switch as described.

I set up scenes (heating 21°C, heating 15 °C, heating 8°C) and created scheduled scenes (for heating in the morning on workdays and weekends, night setback, at daytime on workdays and weekends and so on) to get the scenes run automatic at suitable weekdays and times.
I can run them by switching them on, but they do not run at the times of the scheduled scenes.

They are active in the active apps view, but i cannot see them in the logging section and the temperature of the valve does not change.

Is it necessary to add the scene to itself as 'scene to activate'? (sounds not clever, but i will try...)
Is it necessary to add a room to a scene? (sounds not clever, it is only one room addable, i want a scene for more than one room)

Where is my mistake?
Cheers,
Aleks
pz1

Re: ScheduledScene doesnt schedule...

Post by pz1 »

I think the CodeDevice you should specify the type as toggleButton, and use as code the command to set the desired temperature. There is no need to switch it off, since you change from one temperature to an other.
Actually you dont need scenes here, since you can call toggleButton devices directly from ScheduledSene. (As a matter of fact a scene is a kind of toggleButton; i.e. something that you can activate)

Below is a screenshot of how I do a mode setting on a StellaZ with CodeDevice
toggle.PNG
toggle.PNG (5.42 KiB) Viewed 12688 times
Danfos does not have these modes So you have to do a temperature setting.

You can off course organise a number of these thermostats into one scene to get a more structured view on your automation.

Rooms play no role in Automation. They only have a formal function in authentication permissions
jrn

Post by jrn »

I'm having the same issue Aleks is facing.
I was able to create a switchBinary or a toggleButton. These CodeDevices were successfully added to a scene so I can set them to different temperatures.
However I was not able to have them set using the Scheduled Scene app.
I tried adding switchBinary through the created scenes or directly using the toggleButton method. Either way not working for me.

Let me know if you can think of anything else that I could try to get Scheduled Scenes to set my thermostats to different temperatures.

Thanks a lot,

jrn
pz1

Post by pz1 »

jrn wrote: However I was not able to have them set using the Scheduled Scene app.
Were you unable to select and save your Scene in module ScheduledScene specification, or did your thermostats not change a while after the time specified? (Danfoss thermostats are notorious for a long lag time in response. Up to more than 2 hours have been reported here).
jrn

Post by jrn »

I was able to select and save the scheduled scene but the thermostat didn't change at the scheduled time. If I manually change the temperature the changes are almost instantly reflected.
I waited a couple of minutes after the scheduled scene to take action but nothing happened. I haven't waited two hours though ;-)
alesti

Post by alesti »

jrn wrote:I was able to select and save the scheduled scene but the thermostat didn't change at the scheduled time. If I manually change the temperature the changes are almost instantly reflected.
I waited a couple of minutes after the scheduled scene to take action but nothing happened. I haven't waited two hours though ;-)
Same as for me.
I will take a try with an dummy device to exclude possible problems with the danfoss valves.
pz1

Post by pz1 »

ref: Q&A

The following works for me (v2.1.1). At least I do see that the device display correctly follows the setpoint changes . I haven't tested if the temperature is really changing.
  1. Make codedDevice of type toggleButton
    CodeDevice.PNG
    CodeDevice.PNG (5.7 KiB) Viewed 12518 times
    Goto elements (http://IP:8083/smarthome/#/elements) and open the coded device that you just created. It may look something like this:
    Device.PNG
    Device.PNG (4.36 KiB) Viewed 12516 times
    Rename it to HallComfort or a more suitable name for you.
  2. Make scene and add the toggleButton under the heading List of Scenes....
    Scene.PNG
    Scene.PNG (5.92 KiB) Viewed 12518 times
    Also here goto elements and rename the scene to LivingConnec-Comfort for this example.
  3. Finally create a ScheduledScene where you specify the time to activate and the scene
    Schedule.PNG
    Schedule.PNG (5.1 KiB) Viewed 12518 times
Repeat these three steps for other temperatures you want to set.

Note: As said in a previous post you could omit the scene screated in step 2, and Select the CodedDevice direclty in ScheduledScene, because toggleButton is allowed there
jrn

Post by jrn »

Thanks for the detailed explanation pz1.
That's exactly how I did set up my environment as well. From my troubleshooting that I did last night I can confirm what you said before: Danfoss LC 13 has a long response time! After an hour or two it finally updated the temperature according to the scheduled scene. This is really annoying. I'm thinking of switching my equipment to the one mentioned in your post: StellaZ. Does it work immediately in your setting?
This is so weird and I can not believe it. If I trigger the button manually the Danfoss LC 13 thermostats immediately update the temperature but if triggered through ScheduledScenes it takes a lot longer. I hope it's not the thermostats :D
pz1

Post by pz1 »

jrn wrote:From my troubleshooting that I did last night I can confirm what you said before: Danfoss LC 13 has a long response time! After an hour or two it finally updated the temperature according to the scheduled scene. This is really annoying.
Some people have reported much shorter response times, but I never (since 2012) found an explanation for the why.
I'm thinking of switching my equipment to the one mentioned in your post: StellaZ. Does it work immediately in your setting?
Depends on your wake-up cycle. I do use 16 minutes on the StellaZ. So, after switching to another temperature regime, within this 16 minute time frame I do hear the four radiators in my living room moving their valves. Do bear in mind that Danfoss does have a PID controller that seems to have some learning capabilities. In contrast to the StellaZ it tends to move the valve more gradually.
This is so weird and I can not believe it. If I trigger the button manually the Danfoss LC 13 thermostats immediately update the temperature but if triggered through ScheduledScenes it takes a lot longer. I hope it's not the thermostats :D
I think the manual setting overrules the PID controller

* I do use the older DLC 2.51
jrn

Post by jrn »

Thanks a lot for your response pz1. That was very informative!

So here is something else that's strange:
In the process of troubleshooting this issue I created a dummy device. I added it to the scene which is getting called by the ScheduledScene. At the set time I didn't see the thermostat change (as expected I guess) but I also didn't see the dummy device getting called either when checking the #events tab.

Edit: I monitored it again and the ScheduleScene gets executed EXACTLY two hours after the set time. This is when the Dummy Device gets triggered as well. So is there something wrong with my set time? Maybe a timezone issue?