Z-Wave.Me and readonly system on Raspberry Pi

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
svalent

Z-Wave.Me and readonly system on Raspberry Pi

Post by svalent »

Hello,
I have Read Only raspbian OS on my RP (is more stable after power interrupt) with RAM disk (for necessary dynamic files).
I have successfully installed and functional the Z-Wave Me (OS was switched to RW before installation). Could anyone help me which files and how (form Z-Wave Me ) will be necessary redirected to ramdisk so I can turn them on again read only system.
(possible losses Z-Wave controller configuration from the RAM disk when I turn off/on RP does not bother me)

many thanks

Stanislav
PoltoS

Re: Z-Wave.Me and readonly system on Raspberry Pi

Post by PoltoS »

config and automation/storage folders changes only. Others can be r/o (unless you install modules - hence automation/userModules too)
pofs

Re: Z-Wave.Me and readonly system on Raspberry Pi

Post by pofs »

Config should be preserved between runs, because it holds your devices' states and network encryption key. If lost, all your secure devices will fail to work. So at least config/zddx subfolder should be persistent. You might make it readonly after including all the devices, but you will have issues with most recent devices' states lost (until reported by device), and further network changes will be also impossible. Not so good.

Also some other locations should be writeable, but not critical if lost. As mentioned by PoltoS, it is automation/storage, some files in config, and also htdocs/tmp.