License upgrade fail: "Unable to upgrade capabilities"

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
REXBlack

Re: License upgrade fail: "Unable to upgrade capabilities"

Post by REXBlack »

gabrielb wrote:After my upgrade to firmware 05.04 my controller dont want to "include" any devices anymore. Tried to verifying the license again but get error "Unable to verify the License Key".

Zway can find the controller UZB1 and I can exclude de devices, but not include.

Any ideas?
I have the same problem do to the same upgrading procedure!!!
REXBlack

Post by REXBlack »

PoltoS wrote:Your dongle have version 05.01. Pretty old. Please upgrade to a newer one. Make sure UID (also shown in the Expert UI) is same after upgrade (should remain same). After that try to upgrade again.

**** are specific for your license (based on UID). Non-specific is only the "Scractch ID" (code you enter in the UI). Keep it provite until usage (you have already used it - binded to your UID, so no need to keep it private anymore)
Hi Poltos, can you explain how appened with the last update (5.02 to 5.04)? In many have got the same licens key problem, and our Zway server can't include Item, but only exlude!!
Do you know who is/are the designers of the last updated software rev 5.04? can we contact them?
sis

Post by sis »

I have the same problem after firmware update. Only thing that works is to exclude devices. Tried also to verifying the license again but get error "Unable to verify the License Key".
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Please write us on support or info including logs before and after upgrade to 5.04. Looks like our bootloader upgrade have problems, but we can not reproduct them, so log will help to find the core of the problem.