Reduncancy with Two z-way-servers

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
geirgp

Reduncancy with Two z-way-servers

Post by geirgp »

Since I had some initial problems with the UZB1 I went ahead and purchased the razberry plugin module which arrived today. While waiting for it I got the UZB1 working so now I've option of running zway-server on two different rpis.

This wasn't the plan, but it opens up some opportunities: My goal now is to set up both in the same z-wave network and have reduncancy in case one of them break, it should also help keeping the WAF up while I do maintenance, etc.

My plan is to first include the second controller into the network, and then set up additional lifeline associations from all devices to that controller. I will interact with both servers over the JSON api, with some sort of software load balancing on top. Don't care which one I talk to as long as one of them answers.

Has anyone done this before?

Anything I should think about?
PoltoS

Re: Reduncancy with Two z-way-servers

Post by PoltoS »

Nice idea. Just keep in mind that some devices have only one place in LifeLine group, so no way to inform two controllers ;( Same will happen for WakeUp Notifications
geirgp

Re: Reduncancy with Two z-way-servers

Post by geirgp »

PoltoS wrote:Nice idea. Just keep in mind that some devices have only one place in LifeLine group, so no way to inform two controllers ;( Same will happen for WakeUp Notifications
I wasn't aware of that limitation, lets just hope none of my devices are like that :)

I'll post some feedback here when I've given it a go