Pushover Notifications App

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
Zway424

Pushover Notifications App

Post by Zway424 »

I have tried the new Pushover Notifications app and really like it, however I haven't found a way to receive notifications from just a single device or devices. I would like to be notified only when an alarm is triggered or switch has been toggled. I've tried several options and they don't seem to be working correctly. I add the z wave device I want to receive pushover notifications, however it keeps giving me pushover notifications for EVERY Zwave device. Has anyone successfully used this app to receive pushover notifications for a single device and not all of your z wave devices in your network?

Thanks!
philmehew

Re: Pushover Notifications App

Post by philmehew »

I'm having exactly the same problem, all notifications are working fine (but very annoying), and I just want to be notified when a dummy switch is turned on or off due to a schedule..mostly so I can check that scheduling and notification are working every day because my schedule failed this morning.
nizaga

Post by nizaga »

i am having exactly the same problem and yesterday i reported a bug problem using the SmartHome UI...

Nacho
philmehew

Post by philmehew »

I managed to find the developer's email address over the weekend, and we had a couple of mails between us. He said he was putting up a new version a couple of days ago, but when I uninstall and re-install via the app store in z-way GUI it still comes up as v1.0.0 unfortunately..and now the developer has gone quiet...probably thinks I'm not clever enough to use his product.
Raymond_B

Post by Raymond_B »

I am having the same issue as well.
golaonline

Post by golaonline »

This is one of the ways I am able to find out so far, in case there is a need to send notification to iOS devices. I looked at the issue above, I think the module code needs a very small change to support notifications for the specific devices. I am able to make that change and did some basic tests and it seem to work ok.
Iceman

Post by Iceman »

In the Apps list there are two Pushover apps: Pushover and Push-ME. I use Push-ME and works correctly with the If->Then app. It creates one button toggle for each notification channel or application.
Uninstall Pushover first.
kWave

Post by kWave »

Is there any way to put Sensordata in a Push-Me Message?
10neWulf

Post by 10neWulf »

This might be a bit too much effort, but you could set a condition switch on your sensor, and have it trigger an event to send via pushbullet (Push-ME)? (This would only work for Binary Sensors though)

I do the above with IFTTT instead of PushBullet and it works great - I have a lawn watering schedule (Condition Switch) which only triggers based on whether it will rain or has rained (Virtual Rain Sensor) on certain days of the week, and whether I have enabled the schedule (Dummy Device). When the condition switch gets triggered, it turns on the solenoid to water the lawn, and triggers a IFTTT notification so I know watering has started and ended.

I also have another condition switch set earlier in the day, which triggers a notification via IFTTT to tell everyone in the house if the lawn will be watered that night (to make sure there are no clothes on the clothesline that might get wet...)

Tim
kWave

Post by kWave »

Hey, i made a little modification to my Pushover-Me index.js file:

Insert the following code after:

Code: Select all

PushNotifier.prototype.sendMessage = function () {
    var self = this;
Insert this:

/*** B E G I N / MODIFIED CODE TO USE %(variable) TO INCLUDE VALUES OF VARIABLES *****/
    var parseMessageCode = function(input)
    {
        var expression = /\%\(([0-9A-Za-z\.\-_'"\(\)\]\[]+)\)/

var t_result = null;
        while(t_result = expression.exec(input) )
        {

var insertThis =  eval('(typeof('+t_result[1]+') != "undefined") ? ('+t_result[1]+') : insertThis = "*EMPTY_VALUE*";');
            input = input.replace(t_result[0], insertThis);
        }

//console.dir(input);
        return input;
    };

/*** E N D / MODIFIED CODE TO USE %(variable) TO INCLUDE VALUES OF VARIABLES *****/
Then go a few lines down to

and change to:

Now you can add somethins like this to your Message Text:
Temperature has been changed to %(zway.devices[5].instances[0].commandClasses[67].data[1].setVal.value)°C !