Unable to access UZB stick (RPi3)

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
logwave

Unable to access UZB stick (RPi3)

Post by logwave »

I am trying to setup up my Raspberry Pi 3 Model B with Z-Way. I have got a razberry board and also a UZB stick for which I have purchased a license. I want to update the UZB stick with the license code but whenever I go into Expert mode, I get the message 'Error handling data from server'. I have checked that the Z-wave Network Access uses Z-Wave Network Access is active and also that the port for the UZB is set to /dev/ttyACM0. There are a lot of messages in the event log saying 'Cannot start Z-Wave binding: Error: Bad data - communication failed'. when I do a 'ls /dev' the usb is listed OK.

I have done a number of recreates of the SD card of Raspbian Jessie and tried Z-way 2.2.2 and 2.2.1, both unsuccessfully.

I have been doing the above testing without the razberry board installed but when I install the razberry board and switch the port to it, I can see it and have managed to include 1 device one it. The issue is I can't seem to access the UZB.

Any help / suggestions would be much appreciated as I am beginning to run out of ideas as how to solve this :)
logwave

Re: Unable to access UZB stick (RPi3)

Post by logwave »

OK - I have made a little bit of progress :)

I installed z-way on a windows 10 Virtual machine running on my Mac using VMWare Fusion 8.1.1.
The Win10 VM could see the UZB1 stick OK and so I installed Z-Way and managed to update the UZB1 stick with my license key and to the latest firmware. I then successful managed to exclude a device (Fibaro Motion Sensor FGMS-001) that was included on another network. This worked OK, so good news so far.

However I can't include any devices. When I click the Start Inclusion button, I get the message 'Error handling data /ZWave.zwat/Run/controller.AddNodeToNetwork(1)'.

I plugged the UZB1 stick back into the Raspberry Pi (which is running Z-Way 2.2.2) and it can now see the UZB1 stick and I get the same error. When I retry an exclude, that appears to work OK - the UZB1 stick blue light flashes and it returns a message Device excluded from foreign network (13:45). So obviously communication with the UZB1 is now working but the not for Include.

I did do the firmware update after I had entered my license key - hopefully this won't have caused problem. How do you tell that the license key has been installed on the UZB1 stick? when I entered it, it verified OK. I would have expected when I went back into the license upgrade page that it would tell me the license was already installed - it doesn't do this.

I am obviously missing something, again any help/suggestions would be much appreciated. :)
logwave

Post by logwave »

Still struggling with this problem i.e. I haven't resolved it yet - anybody have any suggestions :?:

dodepier

Post by dodepier »

I have the same problem :evil:

Did you all ready find a solution?

tanks
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Log!
jacksun101