Smart UI - Dimmer Issues

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
brusan

Re: Smart UI - Dimmer Issues

Post by brusan »

After installing v2.2.4-rc17 (where the v1.5.0 UI is present) I can confirm that the dimmer is finally working. I have tested it on my PC using Firefox v49.0.1 as well as Google Chrome (53.0.2785.116 m (64-bit)) and it is working even if the behavior is slightly strange (see below). I have also tested on a Samsung S7 using both the Samsung bloatware browser as well as Chrome v53.0 all under Android 6.0.1.
The slightly strange behavior is as follows: Assuming the dial is at 20. If I increase the dial to 60, the indicator will jump to 60 when I release the mouse (or finger) and the light will dim up. Now the dial will jump down to some arbitrary value close to 20 and a few seconds later the dial will jump to 60. Correspondingly when dimming down.

I assume this is due to the UI sensing the actual value of the dimmer during transition from one setting to another? With the "soft dim" function of most modern dimmers, the UI probably reads the actual value of the dimmer several times during the dimming process.

This is a small nuisance compared to the previous function in v2.2.3

Thank you!
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Thanks for the report. Yes, you are right, the jump is due to the dimmer reporting intermediate values.
fez

Post by fez »

Just a bit off topic, but related to the 2.4.4 RC17:, my AEON (multisensory) motion detectors have disappeared with the update (the others -temp, humidity, etc) are still ok.
Boxson

Post by Boxson »

I'm worried about patching my working stable Z-Way Production System with an RC.
Is there a scheduled date in sight for a new Release-Version ?

Regards

Boxson
pz1

Post by pz1 »

FWIW: rc16 and 17 have been pretty stable for me. Stay away from rc18/19; there is an issue with expert commands in the Expert UI of those two versions
Since 29-12-2016 I am no longer a moderator for this forum
fez

Post by fez »

fez wrote:Just a bit off topic, but related to the 2.4.4 RC17:, my AEON (multisensory) motion detectors have disappeared with the update (the others -temp, humidity, etc) are still ok.
Just to be more exact I mean the devices "ZWayVDev_zway_x-0-113-7-8-A". The issue I have on rc20 as well.
ronie

Post by ronie »

fez wrote:
fez wrote:Just a bit off topic, but related to the 2.4.4 RC17:, my AEON (multisensory) motion detectors have disappeared with the update (the others -temp, humidity, etc) are still ok.
Just to be more exact I mean the devices "ZWayVDev_zway_x-0-113-7-8-A". The issue I have on rc20 as well.
x-0-113-7-8 is intentionally suppressed since ~ rc16. At our point it doesn't make sence to render these alarm sensor for users. x-0-113-7-3-A should be used as Tamper sensor instead.