How to add device (Element) to dashboard

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
beowulff

How to add device (Element) to dashboard

Post by beowulff »

I have successfully included my Razberry as a secondary controller on my existing network.
I am able to see all my devices (actually, it sees more devices than I have, but I’ll worry about that later). I am able to turn lights on and off using the Expert UI, and setting the dim levels to 0 or 100%.

But, I can’t figure out how to add a device to the “dashboard” or Home page. All I see is the placeholder “Expert UI” text. Where do I tell the UI to add a device, for example, to a Room?

I’ve been through every page that I can find, and can’t figure out how to do this.

Note that all devices were picked up when I included the Razberry in my network - I haven’t manually added anything.
PoltoS

Re: How to add device (Element) to dashboard

Post by PoltoS »

Click on the gear icon on the element and you can add it to a room and/or check box "add to dashboard"
beowulff

Post by beowulff »

I don’t have access to my RaZberry right now, but I’m pretty sure that I never even get a list of elements - the only element is the “Expert UI” one.

The only way I see any devices are in Network-> Configuration in the expert UI.
beowulff

Post by beowulff »

Yes, I'm back now, and on the Elements page, all I see is the "Dear Expert User" Element.
On the "All Elements" button it shows (1).
If I go to Menu->Devices-Manage I get to a page which lists all my devices, but clicking on the gear icon brings me to a page which only allows me to rename the device.
beowulff

Post by beowulff »

I figured it out.

I had to click "Call for NIF"

Once I did that, and the device reported back, it showed up as an Element.