Razberry transmission power and interference

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
vbertola

Razberry transmission power and interference

Post by vbertola »

Hi all,

I am running a Z-Wave network with a Razberry controlling six Danfoss LC-13 valves. It works fine, but every now and then the two valves most distant from the Razberry lose the connection; the Expert UI shows that their last connection was several hours ago, and the following wakeups seem to never have happened. However, the weird thing is that, if I go and wake up the valves manually by pressing the middle button, the connection is immediately successful without any problem, and also the UI shows that immediately; and they start communicating again.

Since this only happens with the most distant valves, I think that it could be a connection problem; however, we are talking about a small apartment, and the distance between each valve and the Razberry is just 7-8 metres, with at most one wall in the middle. Is it likely that I am experiencing communication issues on such a small distance? Also, is there any tweaking that can be done on the Razberry (or on the LC-13s), such as increasing the transmission power?

Also, if I turn on a PC which is somewhat near to the Razberry, let's say 0.5-1 metres, then several of the valves seem to have problems communicating. Is it so easy to disrupt a Z-Wave network with whatever appliance can exist in a home?
pz1

Re: Razberry transmission power and interference

Post by pz1 »

Do you have other "wired" Z-Wave devices? I added a handful of wall switches that can act as an additional route for getting signals around.
Since 29-12-2016 I am no longer a moderator for this forum
vbertola

Post by vbertola »

I added a Multisensor 6 sensor, mains-powered, thinking that it would make things better - however I am not sure whether they actually did. If it is reasonable to expect connection issues under this scenario, I may try to add another one in a different part of the apartment.
enbemokel

Post by enbemokel »

Hi,

i would change these two devices to a location where another one is working to see if it´s a
product related problem. 1st step. I think 7-8 meters shouldn´t be a problem.
But, i realized that my Razberry has also an issue with distance. There are some hacks available with
externel antenna.
BR
Nico