Room images get corrupted

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
Aegis

Room images get corrupted

Post by Aegis »

Im on version 2.2.5 and images I upload to rooms get corrupted and wont display properly. Can anyone test and confirm the same behavior? I've tried several different format and sizes, but it seems the images are manipulated after being uploaded and this is where the problem occurs.
Z-Wave Support

Re: Room images get corrupted

Post by Z-Wave Support »

Hello,

we have this tested and do not have this problem. Have you the newest bootloader for you System?

The pictures must have follow parameters: The uploaded file must be smaller than 500.0 kB and in one of the following formats: jpg,jpeg,gif. The recommended dimension of the images is 200 x 200 px.

Best regards
Z-Wave Support
fez

Post by fez »

I have the same issue, since (probably) ever.
I have formatted the pictures as required, but either they will not show at all (some icon appears) or they would load patially (on top maybe 5%) and all gray the rest. It looks like this depends from witch which editor I saved them (resized), so it migth be dependednt on the image which is to be loaded.
Z-Wave Support

Post by Z-Wave Support »

Hello,

have you tested this with a gif or jpg?

regards
Z-Wave Support
fez

Post by fez »

jpg. 200x200 pixel
Z-Wave Support

Post by Z-Wave Support »

Hello,

please test it with a gif file.

regards
Z-Wave Supoort
Benny

Post by Benny »

Same on my system (2.2.5, Boot 5.04). Jpg isn't accepted, the displayed picture is just white. If I change a working gif and saved it or saved as, it wouldn't display anymore. Only way is to create a new gif and copy/paste the old into.
fez

Post by fez »

I just updated to 2.3 and tried to load room images. Gif worked (almost) fine, jpg didn't.
I could load the gif images for all, but one room. ... I don' know why, but it is a step forward.
ronie

Post by ronie »

fez wrote:I have the same issue, since (probably) ever.
I have formatted the pictures as required, but either they will not show at all (some icon appears) or they would load patially (on top maybe 5%) and all gray the rest. It looks like this depends from witch which editor I saved them (resized), so it migth be dependednt on the image which is to be loaded.
Hi,

the editor is a good point. If possible please try to resize you images with gimp 2 for example. I've noticed (long time ago) that there are differences. I've tried to upload an JPEG image resized by windows paint - won't work.
Resized by Gimp 2 - it works.

Except of Gimp 2 I unfortunately didn't know which other editor's will work or won't ... so it's at you to test it.
Please feel free to share your solutions :)
Aegis

Post by Aegis »

Ive tried using Photoshop CC and Gimp and neither works. Uploaded JPEGs end up corrupted either way. They are certainly not corrupt at the time of upload so it must be something Z-Way does to the images post upload that produces the issue.