PoltoS

Re: ZWay crashing daily

Post by PoltoS »

this will also help. Stop Z-Way, delete this file and restart
janjan

Post by janjan »

Hi,

how can i fix it on Popp Hub 2. it stops working once a month. Just repower helps. I can't reach the console for deleting notification.json.

Or is it not the same?

z-way 2.3.1

thanks
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

It is certainly same. We are releasing an update for Popp Hub 2 next week - this will be fixed.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

If some of you still experience problems, please help us to locate the problem: viewtopic.php?f=3422&t=25592&start=10
cdogg76

Post by cdogg76 »

Hello,

Glad to see that this is continuing to be worked on in the other thread. Until this is fixed, I've got a cron that will run z-way-server every couple minutes (it does nothing it is currently running). Just a cheap watchdog. However, sometimes, after a crash, when z-way-server starts again, the z-wave bindings fail. The only way I know to recover from this is to power cycle the Raspberry Pi. I've had times when a restart isn't enough.

I'm assuming it has to do with the crash and bindings not being cleaned up properly. Is there something I can do to manually clear those bindings so that z-way-server can bind again? I'd like to somehow get the system to automatically recover.

Thanks!
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

We need to see the log to understand the failure.
Mickyhaus

Post by Mickyhaus »

Popp hub 2 is simply not stable at all!
Some apps are not working, GUI often stalls, and room climate control does not work.

I will no longer waste my time on such a buggy product.

Popp sometimes announces updates but nothing happens.

Bad user experience.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

We are about to release v2.3.6 next week. Please give it a chance. It should enhance a lot.
fundy

Post by fundy »

I had these problems too with all the previous versions including 2.3.5. while on razberry running off SD card. Then I installed an ordinary usb/ssd drive as the razberry main system drive, ok made a clean zway 2.3.5. reinstall and since then the system has been totally stable for more than three weeks. No crashes at all. Before the crashes were daily effextivelly rendering the razberry unusable.