UZB Firmware Update from 5.07 to 5.27 fails

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
schreibubi

UZB Firmware Update from 5.07 to 5.27 fails

Post by schreibubi »

Hi all,

I've been trying to upgrade my UZB Stick to the latest firmware using the Z-Wave Expert UI (tried version 2.3.6 and 3.0.0rc). The first few updates up to 5.07 were no problem, but now the firmware upgrade page wants to install 5.27 (it offers 3 different versions of 5.27, I tried the EU version of the non-bridged and bridged variant). Firmware update runs without errors (I also checked the log-file and I see many messages saying it was able to successfully write to the eprom), but I'm still running version 5.07. Even unplugging/replugging the USB stick does not change this behaviour. Any idea what could be the issue?

Thanks a lot,

Joerg
stefxx

Re: UZB Firmware Update from 5.07 to 5.27 fails

Post by stefxx »

Hi, I am having the same issues. I am using 2.37, and after an attempt to upgrade my UZB1 (EU version) from 5.7 to 5.27, all seems fine and the log shows no errors, but the firmware remains 5.7 even after a reboot.

Did you ever find a solution?
iblis

Post by iblis »

Exactly the same behaviour here using zway-server 2.3.7 + UZB1 5.07. Please fix this z-wave.me!
Jeppo

Post by Jeppo »

Same here :(
Latest release on both Win 10 and Raspberry Pi
Jeppo

Post by Jeppo »

After several tries to update, my controllers Command Class now says
Basic • ApplicationStatus • SwitchBinary • SwitchMultilevel • SceneActivation • ClimateControlSchedule • TransportService • AssociationGroupInformation • DeviceResetLocally • CentralScene • ZWavePlusInfo • MultiChannel • Supervision • ManufacturerSpecific • PowerLevel • InclusionController • NodeNaming • Clock • Association • Version • Time • MultiChannelAssociation • SecurityS2 • Basic • SwitchBinary • SwitchMultilevel • SceneActivation • CentralScene • Basic • SwitchBinary • SwitchMultilevel • SceneActivation • CentralScene • Basic • SwitchBinary • SwitchMultilevel • SceneActivation • CentralScene • Basic • SwitchBinary • SwitchMultilevel • SceneActivation • CentralScene • Basic • SwitchBinary • SwitchMultilevel • SceneActivation • CentralScene • Basic • SwitchBinary • SwitchMultilevel • SceneActivation • CentralScene • Basic • SwitchBinary • SwitchMultilevel • SceneActivation • CentralScene • Basic • SwitchBinary • SwitchMultilevel • SceneActivation • CentralScene • Basic • SwitchBinary • SwitchMultilevel • SceneActivation • CentralScene • Basic • SwitchBinary • SwitchMultilevel • SceneActivation • CentralScene • Basic • SwitchBinary • SwitchMultilevel • SceneActivation • CentralScene • Basic • SwitchBinary • SwitchMultilevel • SceneActivation • CentralScene • Basic • SwitchBinary • SwitchMultilevel • SceneActivation • CentralScene • Basic • SwitchBinary • SwitchMultilevel • SceneActivation • CentralScene • Basic • SwitchBinary • SwitchMultilevel • SceneActivation • CentralScene • Basic • SwitchBinary • SwitchMultilevel • SceneActivation • CentralScene •
Is this normal?
missjocular

Post by missjocular »

Is there any solution to solve the problem of the topic?
Play madalin stunt cars 2 | geometry dash for free on PC.
stefxx

Post by stefxx »

I am still facing this issue as well... it seems we are being ignored...
stefxx

Post by stefxx »

I tried another UZB with 5.23 installed. Upgrade to 5.27 worked flawlessly.

But my original stick with 5.07 still refuses to be upgraded. The upgrade process seems to work fine but after a reboot the firmware is still at 5.07.

As there are multiple reports of this issue, it cannot be that hard to reproduce I guess. A fix or workaround would be great. Is it perhaps possible to upgrade to another firmware version first, before upgrading to 5.27? I am only being offered 5.27 unfortunately.
rafale77

Post by rafale77 »

I am having the same problem. I have a brand new UZB I just got to day. upgraded firmware and bootloaders from 5.05 to 5.07. After 5.07 got another bootloader which upgraded fine and now it will crash every time I try to upgrade to 5.27.

One more thing too: The region frequency somehow changed from US to EU in between upgrades and I don't have the option to revert back. It is only giving choices of EU, RU, IN and CN. How do I revert back to US?
rafale77

Post by rafale77 »

I am now running 3.0.0 RC 15 and I get this error whenever I try to run the 5.07 to 5.27 upgrade on the UZB:
"Unable to update data. /ZWave.zway/ZMEFirmwareUpgrade"