Z-Way Android app login problems

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
Thurtur

Z-Way Android app login problems

Post by Thurtur »

I am running Z-Way server 2.3.8 on a Raspberry Pi with the RaZberry Z-Wave board.

I use the Android Z-Way app on my Android phone. It works well to log in with an admin user, but not with a normal user. With a normal user I can not login and it shortly shows "Please install and add Mobile App support in Z-Way". If I trace the http traffic I can se a "404 Not Found" with the error message "Device MobileAppSupport doesn't exist". The Mobile app is installed, and it works for admin users.

I can of course make all users admin, but I do not want to do that for safety reasons. Does anyone know how to fix that, or is it a bug in the Z-Way app or the Z-Way server?
msambol

Re: Z-Way Android app login problems

Post by msambol »

This won't help much, but I can confirm the same experience.
msambol

Post by msambol »

I found an alternative, also open source app for control of Z-Way which does have working support for users other than admin:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... cs.habitat

code is at

https://github.com/ardevd/habitat/
BlackMan

Post by BlackMan »

I have a similar problem after upgrading to 4.0.1 (from 2.3.8). The app is working, I can login (tried only admin account), but the notification "Please install and add Mobile App Support in Z-Way" is shown. The Mobile App Support is installed on the server (version 2.0.0) but I cannot see my phone in the web GUI and I cannot add it anyhow (not in the Devices->Mobilephone section nor in the Mobile App Support GUI). I tried to remove the Hub and add it again in the app (not working via QR code so I had to add it manually). It didn't solved the issue.
BlackMan

Post by BlackMan »

Note: The app "Z-Wave.Me" is working correctly. I was able to use the QR code to set it up, and I can see my phone in the GUI now. However, the "Z-Way" app is still showing the notification "Please install and add Mobile App support in Z-Way".
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Hello! The Z-Way app is an old one and was deprecated. Please use the new one instead.
alexandrfall

Post by alexandrfall »

I used the new app and it works just fine, try to install the new one or to update the old one
Edwin Benavidez

Post by Edwin Benavidez »

Is the new app available? I can't find it? I thought it would update automatically
lanbrown

Post by lanbrown »

The new app also has a new name, so it wouldn't update automatically. So "new" does not mean an updated existing app.

Android:
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=me.zwave.zway

iOS you're on your own.