Windows release for v3.0.0 ?

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
PoltoS

Re: Windows release for v3.0.0 ?

Post by PoltoS »

We have just made a beta for Z-Way v3.0.3: https://storage.z-wave.me/z-way-server/ ... 3-beta.msi
We are testing it to make a release this week. You can also test. Make sure to have a backup of the Z-Way folder before you install it

Currently no Google Home/Alexa and no WebSockets, but soon we add them too.
Ricard1

Post by Ricard1 »

PoltoS wrote:
16 Jan 2020 12:47
We have just made a beta for Z-Way v3.0.3: https://storage.z-wave.me/z-way-server/ ... 3-beta.msi
We are testing it to make a release this week. You can also test. Make sure to have a backup of the Z-Way folder before you install it

Finally PoltoS ;) Many thanks, I will test it asap! :)

Kind regards,
Ricard
Ricard1

Post by Ricard1 »

PoltoS wrote:
16 Jan 2020 12:47

Hi again,

I tested the Win release yesterday and installation worked fine, however there is so many user actions that fails, did you really test this Windows build? I mean normal use, clicking menu selections to see basic functionality working? Yes I did set COM port and got controller access, so far ok.
I believe you have at least one Windows PC around to experience the errors, errors I recognize since last previous 2.x.x versions ;)

Best regards
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Of course there are still errors in it, it is a beta ;)
Skins, icons and S2 don't work for now. We are working on this.

We would appreciate if you can share your findings do we can fix all we find. Z-Way is big, so full test takes time and we decided to get feedback from the community earlier
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Hello!

New Z-Way version for Windows is here. This is a pre-release beta. One single missing point is remote access - we are doing it.

https://razberry.z-wave.me/z-way-server ... 4-beta.msi

What what fixed:
- Fixed Security S2 (was not working)
- Fixed Skins and Icons download
- Fixed configuration file permissions

Your input is appreciated!
Ricard1

Post by Ricard1 »

Hi Polto

Thanks, will test an let you know my results :)

Best regards,
Ricard
Ricard1

Post by Ricard1 »

PoltoS wrote:
23 Jan 2020 14:51
Hello!

New Z-Way version for Windows is here. This is a pre-release beta. One single missing point is remote access - we are doing it.
At present I run Domoticz on the Win 7 PC I do the tests on, I stop the Domoticz service and starts Z-Way and so far so good.

However, as I did not use Z-Way much I am wondering how to find the existing Nodes registered on the Controller, from Domoticz? I only see the ZWay.me UZB Controller itself as Device 1 but not the Nodes already paired...

Home-ID is fine, and I have the security key from Domoticz but I cannot find were to insert it, if needed/possible?

Also, looking at Controller "Wireless activity" it says Device is dead (or similar).

At the Network-->Controller I tried to use the Controller Backup function but it results in "Not authorized" (or similar)

Thanks!
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

In expert UI you should see all devices, but no interview. For unsecure devices.you can just force interview. For secure you should first insert the security key. It is 16 bytes