manually send alarm frame to dedicated device?

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
Karsten

manually send alarm frame to dedicated device?

Post by Karsten »

There are a bunch of devices out there, which should react to so called "alarm frames" with a specific (programmable) behaviour. Examples are Fibaros Dimmer FGD-211 (Parameters 30 and 39), Switch FGS-222 (Parameters 30 to 43), the RGB Controllers or the brandnew Walli series, esp. the walli outlet (parmeters 30 to 35). For details on programmable alarm behaviour see manuals at https://manuals.fibaro.com/.

Is it possible to send the activation command to trigger this alarm reaction manually with zway? Eventually by using the available APIs and/or a code device?
How must api calls be formed for this or what would be the code for a code device?

Background: I wonder, if the behaviour (i.e. flashing or color) can also be used for visual indications in regular HA (i.e. if a switch is operated, then start flashing a lamp). For the Walli I use switching config parameters 11 and 12 (LED frame – colour when ON/OFF) to implement an optical indicator, but "hacking" the alarm behaviour would make more options possible (blinking/flashing) and this might then also be done with the other devices.

Thanks in advance for any help or hints.

Karsten
Karsten

Re: manually send alarm frame to dedicated device?

Post by Karsten »

Nobody?
Nothing similar to zway.SendData(DeviceID,[113,5,0,0,0,0,6,22,0,0])?
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

A command like thos will work (I've not checked all bytes - lazy to open the spec ;). But if the FGS-222/FGD-211 is securely included, then you need to use zway.SendDataSecure(...)
fez

Post by fez »

I use this feature to close some windows with a rain (fibaro universal) sensor. There this is possible via association or, if I remember right, via broadcast.
The window controller can be set to react in a certain way for different alarms.
I use this via association and it works as expected, autonomously, without a gateway interaction.
Read carefully the manuals of you devices. Fibaro devices have all kinds of setting possibilities, I am not sure about other manufacturers.

This is not answering your question, but maybe you get some ideas.
Karsten

Post by Karsten »

Was busy with other things, so come back lately with a follow up:

Still no success.

The device used in my case is a Fibaro Walli Outlet (manual at https://manuals.fibaro.com/walli-outlet/), included insecurely as device 84. So command to send might be still zway.SendData(84,[...])? But thanks PoltoS for the hint.

2 possible reasons:
1st: Not shure, if I configured my device correctly. Did configure parameter 31 to 100598000 (assuming that is 4 bytes for Water Alarm, no action on output, LED frame LAPD signal). Is this correct?

2nd: The command sent (zway.SendData(84,[113,5,0,0,0,0,6,22,0,0])) might be not correct. Assume 84 is the device, 113 is the command class (alarm), 5 means alarm type water but no idea what the subsequent numbers mean (took this from a example somewhere).

Can anyone pls check, if the configuration (see "1st") is correct and what command should be send (see "2nd") in order to trigger intended "alarm behaviour" directly from zway?

btw: Thanks also to fez for the explanation on associations. In my case I intend to trigger alarm behaviour directly from zway, because I want to use this in rules and scenes and not as direct reaction to sensors.

Would be very grateful for any help!