arm64 arch support

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
lanbrown

Re: arm64 arch support

Post by lanbrown »

You can use the board with almost any home automation software that supports the Raspberry Pi/OS. Home Assistant use use the Razberry board.

You should be able to install the 32-bit packages to support 32-bit Z-Way.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Both answers are "yes". As mentioned above, you can either install 32 bits libraries on your arm64 - this is possible - or use other third party s/w
ssvenn

Post by ssvenn »

Are there instructions for how to correctly install the required 32 bit packages to get z-way running on 64-bit raspbian bullseye?
I tried to enable armhf with dpkg --add-architecture armhf && apt update
The z-way install script still fails with:

Code: Select all

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 webif:armhf : Depends: libssl1.0.2:armhf but it is not installable
 z-way-full : Depends: z-way-server but it is not installable
              Depends: webif but it is not installable
 zbw : Depends: z-way-server but it is not installable
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
I'm considering reinstalling my pi4 as armhf again but then i lose access to influxdb2 which only has arm64 support.
I mainly use OpenHAB to control my razberry but I need Z-Way to remove some dead nodes from my network and OpenHABs z-wave driver seems unable to do it properly.

A native arm64 Z-Way would be nice too!
roger

Post by roger »

I have also tried install z-way 32-bit on arm64 system.

Webif complain about missing libssl1.0.2:armhf, include of an old responsitory in apt solv this and webif install without error with apt-get install.
z-way-server install without problem with apt-get install, but send me mails about missing remote access (missing zbw). But it start up and running as expected.

But z-way-full and zbw complains about missing z-way-server and webif as in the post above, but both are find by apt and as mentioned already installed with apt-get install.

I dont understand why the other packages dont find them but apt find them and can install them both?

The reason to use an arm64 system is not need reinstall the whole system when the arm64 version of z-way-server arriving.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

z-way-full is a meta packet that runs on any arch. zbw is also universal for all platforms. webif and z-way-server do not exist for arm64 yet. There is a big technical issue in building z-way-server for arm64, so not sure we can do it this year. May be find a way to install arm32 libs on your system or use arm32 OS
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Something like this might help:

Code: Select all

dpkg --add-architecture armhf
apt-get update
apt-get install libc6:armhf libstdc++6:armhf
You might need to install other libs for armhf
roger

Post by roger »

If I understand this right, zbw installing as arm64 and only search for an arm64 version of z-way-server and webif and dont find the installed and working armhf versions (the armhf version of z-way-server is up and running)?

I understand that z-way-server only exixt as armhf yet, but when I could install a working armhf version on the system it is little sad that the 2 other packages dont cooperate with it....
hackagadget

Post by hackagadget »

The problem here is the dependency on libssl1.0.2. The current libssl is 1.1.1, libssl1.0.2 is now obsolete. Could the things that need it be re-compiled using libssl1.1.1 instead?
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

This is already in progress. Will be done next week
jth

Post by jth »

+1 for arm64 support. The 8gb model 4b requires this. It's annoying to have to install a large amount of armhf libraries to get the RazBerry to work.