„remember me“ not working at login to web UI

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
PoltoS

Re: „remember me“ not working at login to web UI

Post by PoltoS »

Please see the FireFox site trust context menu (click on the shield in the url bar) -> settings. It states that there is no trust to the site and cookies are deleted on page close. This explains why it is logged out every time.

So this is your overparanoiac browser ;)
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Probably because of the "pseudo-external" name instead of direct IP. So the browser is not trusting such names and deletes cookies.

Try to make a proper third-level DNS record pointing to this private IP (if you have own DNS) or use a direct IP. Should work then
platypus

Post by platypus »

When I execute nslookup command I recieve a proper answer. My router seems to act as any regular DNS-Server.
If I access Smart Home UI via IP instead of the name it makes no difference. Neither with Firefox nor with Chrome it does remeber me.
In Firefox I even manually gave permissions to set cookies and use permanent memory, it still doesn't work.
3.png
3.png (38.88 KiB) Viewed 4627 times
HTTPS is not supported?
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

HTTPS can not work locally - SSL certificates are binded to a domain name. If you do self-signed certificates, then most devices will not accept them.

I suggest to configure the browser to remember cookies. Do you have same with other sites you access by IP?
platypus

Post by platypus »

I already configured Firefox to allow cookies, it still doesn’t work. Chrome on our Android smartphones allows cookies by default and it doesn’t remember the user either. It keeps asking for credentials twice, within the web page and in a pop up window.

There is no other website in my home network like Z-Way which I could use for comparison. They either don’t require authentication at all or they require authentication every time for security reasons.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Is it after browser restart or after Z-Way restart? If after browser restart - it is a browser issue. If after Z-Way restart - looks like Z-Way problem. May be you can check with Postman - get the token and make requests using that token via API. If Z-Way does not accept it after Z-Way reboot, then they are not saved correctly on the filesystem. Are you on v3.0.6?
platypus

Post by platypus »

I’m still on 3.05 because the changelog said nothing about this issue. It happens after browser restart in Microsoft Edge and Mozilla Firefox on my PCs and Google Chrome on Android devices.

With http requests and the API I’m still inexperienced but I’ll try this out.

Firefox shows cookies when pressing shift F9. Except of “WEBIF_IFLANG”, whose expiry date is June 2021, cookie lifetime of z-way is only until end of session. It appears to me that lifetime of z-way cookies isn't right.

cookies_z-way_2020-07-02.jpg
cookies_z-way_2020-07-02.jpg (138.44 KiB) Viewed 3716 times
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

hm... you are right. After browser restart it will forget the cookie. We will check fix cookies and make their lifetime same as token lifetime.