No favorite devices defined in Domoricz Dashboard

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
PoltoS

Re: No favorite devices defined in Domoricz Dashboard

Post by PoltoS »

Include them ;)

If they were in Domoticz and you started Z-Way, then go in Expert UI and do request NIF for all devices
cpighin

Post by cpighin »

I went to the Expert UI page and found the information:: 7 devices present, 3 mains powered , 4 battery powered.

Now i cannot procede since I didn't know how to "do NIF for all devices".

Can you explain better?

Claudio :)
michap

Post by michap »

Hi,

would be a good idea to read the manual - here you will find the most information :)

go to device -> status , here you see a list
- click on first device, then will open the Interview page fopr all devices
- click on every device - and here on the button "Call for NIF"
-> check, if interview is complete (100%) - if not then try "force interview"
(for Battery devices you must wakeup the device pressing the related button)

After this devices should be added in web UI.

Michael
cpighin

Post by cpighin »

Hi michap,

I did what you suggested and here under are posted images of relevant Expert UI pages
Fig. 1)
Fig. 2)
Fig. 3)

You can see that my actions were not a success and I do not know how to proceed, but you or PoltoS can read information and help on solving the issue :) Thanks!

Last edited by cpighin on 07 May 2020 19:34, edited 1 time in total.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

You should do Call for NIF on all devices but #1
cpighin

Post by cpighin »

I think I worked as PoltoS suggested, however on Thursday I will try again and report more (now I am far from the Raspberry).

As for the devices that I expect to continue to manage, first by Z-Way, then by Domoticz, I re-read my files and I should recover 6 Hardware devices that generated 48 software Devises; all of them are equipped with main power supply, although 4 Aeotec ZW100-C multisensors can also be battery powered.

If it were useful I could post a table with the details of what I expect to recover, but I don't know how to insert a table here.

michap

Post by michap »

Hi,

this will not work as you expectred, I think so...

Domoticz is using OpenZwave - Z-Way is another certified software product.

The "only common" detail is, that for both products for the Z-Way network are using the Z-Wave chip (in your case the Razberry controller) and storing all the network information in the Z-Wave controller (Razberry).
The network information is (simple to say) the Home-ID (network-ID), any security information, the Node-ID and the main device IDs.

All additional information will be stored in OpenZwave in the config files (ozwcache_0xABCDEFGHI.xml) and in domoticz.db

So you can of course check your devices and controller in Z-Way, it should work, all devices must be available here too - after call NIF, force interview or wake-up the battery devices.
Maybe you must move devices near controller - depends on device...

But same you could do in Domoticz.
If controller will be recognized there - configured as AMA0, and you see after enable the OpenZwave version - you should see the list of Z-Wave devices there in setup. A simple move of controller from one software to other will not work (only network itself with main information can be restored).
The actual Domoticz version 2020.1 and 2020.2 have Z-Wave problems, as you can see in Domoticz forum - so I would not suggest to use the new version just now, if you are not an expert.

So you could decide - use in future Z-Way if you like the UI and the included features, or return to Domoticz.
In second case would suggest to ask in their forum about the problems, there you will get the right (and more) information.

If you will like Z-Way - you are welcome here of course :)

In this case I would suggest to close this topic (Domoticz related) and search in forum for your problem, read documentation - and ask in this forum about your Z-Way problems with the right Subject - then you can get soon help ;)

I use Domoticz since 2014 - and Z-Way since 2013 ...

Best regards
Michael
cpighin

Post by cpighin »

Thanks Michael

of the detailed answer to which you have certainly dedicated attention and care.

Since Aeotec assistance assured me that I would be able to regain control of all my devices (both hardware and software) and you say that probably it will not be so, and since you also write useful information, I ask you to confirm what I understand.
The network information is (simple to say) the Home-ID (network-ID), any security information, the Node-ID and the main device IDs.
Main device IDs means harware and software devices or only the hardware ones?
All additional information will be stored in OpenZwave in the config files (ozwcache_0xABCDEFGHI.xml) and in domoticz.db
Can you make examples of such additional information?
But same you could do in Domoticz.
If controller will be recognized there - configured as AMA0, and you see after enable the OpenZwave version - you should see the list of Z-Wave devices there in setup
How can I enable the OpenZwave version in Domoticz?

I stop here with my questions hoping you won't mind :)

michap

Post by michap »

cpighin wrote:
06 May 2020 12:46
Main device IDs means harware and software devices or only the hardware ones?
Only the Z-Wave related hardware devices

Please open at Domoticz Forum a new topic with your Domoticz questions, will be happy to answer there - same as many other people will help ;)

Michael
cpighin

Post by cpighin »

Michap,

I will open a new topic in Domoticz forum but, before it, I would like to better explore the possibility of using Z-Way to take at least a few steps towards solving the problem.
I remember that PoltoS wrote in one of his first messages
PoltoS wrote:
27 Apr 2020 03:18
If you are using Raspberry Pi, you certainly have by default the port /dev/ttyAMA0 not configured.

To do this please install Z-Way - it will configure the port. Then you can disable it to run Domoticz on port /dev/ttyAMA0.

You can then use Z-Way to do firmware upgrade of your RaZberry and may be give it a try to check which system you like more.
I installed Z-Way and would like to understand if I can proceed as PoltoS has recommended and your help can be precious.

After this message I will use Z-Way to do again calls for NIF on all devices but #1, as reccomended by Polts, to verify if I will have different outpus from those reported above and I will report in a new message, however I believe that the images posted above could already say something to an expert, for example, what can be the reason why the Z-Wave device is reported "to be dead" in the second image?

With regard to my question if Main device IDs means hardware and software devices or only the hardware ones, as part of the network information stored into the RaZberry, i'm sorry not understanding your answer
Only the Z-Wave related hardware devices
can you explain better?