No favorite devices defined in Domoricz Dashboard

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
cpighin

Re: No favorite devices defined in Domoricz Dashboard

Post by cpighin »

So, I have executed a Call for NIF for alla devices except for the Z-Way and this is the result shown in the /expert/#/home page
Fig. 4)
it is very similar to that reported in the message of May 3, with the difference that then were listed 6 devices, with IDs from 24 to 29, while today only 5 appear.
Why is device 24 not listed while it is still today in the list of the Status page, as on May 3?

Also, on May 3 as today, I read the notes "Interview is not complete" and "Is failed" in a few cases. I have looked for information on the manual, but it does not seem to me that what I have read can apply to my case.
What do you think?

Claudio :)
Last edited by cpighin on 07 May 2020 19:35, edited 1 time in total.
michap

Post by michap »

Hi,

you see all devices under "Device"->"Status"

At first page under Health you see only problems.

That Battery devices have "Interview is not complete" is normal - you must make a force interview at first and wake it up for this.
In many cases the device must be near the controller for this.

Why your main powered device is failed ... it maybe not reachable or is really offline.
You could check it under Device-Status or reinclude it near controller and check.

Regarding your other question - in Z-Wave Stick/controller will be saved only the Z-Wave network and Z-Wave hardware related information, such as Home-ID, security information, Node-ID etc. No information about any virtual device or other devices. This will be done using the backup function.
That's why the battery devices must be waked up - controller should read all additional information of the device and send it to software.

Michael
cpighin

Post by cpighin »

Thanks Michael,

I'm starting to understand something. Here under is a table with Domoticz and Z-Wave mixed data; in such table are listed hardware devices which I hope to manage first by Z-way, than by Domticz.
You can see that only the Power Plug Neo Coolcam is not used (is broken).

4 Multisensor6 and 1 Double Switch are operational.

If I have not misunderstood the 4 Multisensor6, despite being connected to a 220 vac plug (with USB cable and 220 Vac - 5 Vdc converter), they are considered as battery powered and behave as such (I thought they should be considered Mains powered); for this reason they are often sleep.

Now I have a couple of questios:
- Why the RaZberry (device Z-Way if I'm not wrong) apears as "dead" if it is mounted into my Raspberry and is surely powered by it?(see fig. 2 in post of 03 May)
- can you confirm that software devises generated by the above hardware cannot be displayed by Z.Way and that it would be possible only by Domoticz?

Last edited by cpighin on 09 May 2020 19:38, edited 1 time in total.
michap

Post by michap »

Hi,

about "dead" Razberry - not sure, never have seen before.
Maybe only the firmware is outdated - but as I said, not sure.

Have you already restarted the Raspberry - result is the same then?
I could suggest to update the Razberry firmware - maybe multiple steps are needed.
(Network - > Controller Info -> Firmware Update)
Then at first bootloader is needed then firmware, maybe multiple times, depending on current firmware.
cpighin wrote:
07 May 2020 19:44
software devises generated by the above hardware
Real "Software devices" will be generated in Domoticz (or Z-Way) by software, not by hardware. As sample any Dummy device or Weather,...
Most Z-Wave devices support multiple command classes (like Temperature and humidity sensor) - so two assigned devices will be generated after interview is finished (here the supported command classes will be detected).
This (command class releated) devices you will find in expert UI under "Conntrol" - Switch/Sensors/...) or in normal Web-UI under "Elements"

Michael
cpighin

Post by cpighin »

michap wrote:
07 May 2020 20:41
Have you already restarted the Raspberry - result is the same then?
I could suggest to update the Razberry firmware - maybe multiple steps are needed.
(Network - > Controller Info -> Firmware Update)
Then at first bootloader is needed then firmware, maybe multiple times, depending on current firmware.
Yes, I restarted the RaZberry few times with the same result ;)

Regarding the firmware update, is it possible that something goes wrong and that I will lose any possibility of recovering the inclusions of the 6 devices?

For your information, clicking on Firmware upgrade on page /expert/#/network/controller,it pops up the Advise
Z-Wave Expert UI - ERROR
Could not retrieve data from remote server.
and if I click on OK, I get this information
The firmware of your Z-Wave transceiver is upgradable using this interface. You should only perform an upgrade if asked by support. Its possible that certain firmware upgrade require to upgrade the bootloader part of the firmware first.
-----
Access token
If you have acquired an access token you may include this token here.
Can you explain such advices?

You wrote
This (command class releated) devices you will find in expert UI under "Conntrol" - Switch/Sensors/...) or in normal Web-UI under "Elements"
If I check any item on in expert UI under "Conntrol" I get only answers "There are no devices available".
If I go to /smarthome/#/elements i get only 3 system Elementts (Dear Expert User, Colud Backup Instruction, Send Email Notification). :(

cpighin

Post by cpighin »

The silence of Poltos and michap lead me to think that the fear expressed with the previous message is well founded and therefore I will not proceed in the required action unless ease of reassuring instructions.
Given the impasse in which I find myself, I ask if it is advisable to exclude active hardware devices from the system via Z.Way, so that they can be easily reused, to start again with Domoticz from scratch.

michap

Post by michap »

Hi,

I'm not a developer of the firmware or hardware and would not like to suggest anything to do - if not my hardware :D

Maybe there is any risk if it is possible to do something wrong, do not know.
And I do not "see" your Z-Way installation, so I cannot give the right advice, maybe.
It is every time better to see the problem at monitor ;)

Maybe PoltoS can help here better.

Michael
cpighin

Post by cpighin »

michael,

while we await the intervention of PoltoS, if you are pleased to see my monitor remotely, maybe just for your curiosity, we can organize a meeting with Teamviewer.
We could also evaluate together what to do and in particular the opportunity to exclude active hardware devices from the system via Z.Way, so that they can be easily reused, to start again with Domoticz from scratch.

michap

Post by michap »

Topic closed and will be continued in Domoticz forum because Claudio's question came from Domoticz - and he will use it in future again.