No favorite devices defined in Domoricz Dashboard

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
cpighin

No favorite devices defined in Domoricz Dashboard

Post by cpighin »

Hi,

my problem is that on the Domoticz Dashboard I read the warning "No favorite devices defined ... (Or communication Lost!)" and the Hardware and Devices tables are empty.

It is worth knowing that this is the result of a my mistake: the system, consisting of a Raspberry Pi3, a Z-wave Razberry module and mainly several Aeotec multi-sensors, worked regularly until a couple of months ago. One day I made the mistake of updating Domoticz without having updated Raspbian. Domoticz stopped working that day. I have made several attempts to recover the situation, without success.

So I decided to install a 2018 backup on the SD-H and, when I access Domoticz, I get a "No favorite devices defined ..." warning and I find the Hardware and devices tables empty.

I then tried to install an updated Raspian and the current version of Domoticz on the SD-E, but if I start the application I always get the "No favorite devices defined ..." warning and I find the Hardware and devices tables empty.

In summary, I have two SD card to operate and both with a Domoticz version of 2018, and with the current one, Domoticz does not seem to dialogue with the RaZberry module.

I contacted Aeotec support and they replied that I should recover all the paired hardware and devices, since the data resides on the Z-wave module, but I don't know how to proceed and the Aeotec interlocutor is perhaps unable to help me further.

Can I somehow access the RaZberry, maybe with an SSH command, to verify that there are data of my devices?

What do you recommend to do to solve the problem)?

Claudio :)
PoltoS

Re: No favorite devices defined in Domoricz Dashboard

Post by PoltoS »

Not sure there are people using Domoticz here...
cpighin

Post by cpighin »

I hope someone can also help me with Domoticz, given that, in my opinion, the problem mainly concerns the Razberry which is not detected by Domoticz.

Claudio
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

If you are using Raspberry Pi, you certainly have by default the port /dev/ttyAMA0 not configured.

To do this please install Z-Way - it will configure the port. Then you can disable it to run Domoticz on port /dev/ttyAMA0.

You can then use Z-Way to do firmware upgrade of your RaZberry and may be give it a try to check which system you like more.
cpighin

Post by cpighin »

PoltoS wrote:
27 Apr 2020 03:18
If you are using Raspberry Pi, you certainly have by default the port /dev/ttyAMA0 not configured.
Your "/dev/ttyAMA0 not configured" writing reminded me of the problem of having to instruct the system to create the premises for the dialogue between Domoticz and RaZberry.

Thanks to your writing, I analyzed the two SDs that I am using to understand how the system works, looking for the etc/udev/rules.d/09-tty.rules file and its contents, since I suppose it is necessary..

Do you confirm that it is necessary?

The outcome of the analysis was that in both the two SDs (the SD-H that mounts the 2018 system) the SD-E (with the 2020 system) I found the 09-tty.rules file (expected result?) and that in both cases it was empty, while I expected to be empty only in the SD-E, since I had not worked to create/modify the file.

What do you think about it?

PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

I'm not sure this file is needed - depends on your udev configuration
cpighin

Post by cpighin »

PoltoS wrote:
27 Apr 2020 03:18
To do this please install Z-Way - it will configure the port. Then you can disable it to run Domoticz on port /dev/ttyAMA0.
Tomorrow I will make a backup of the system to recover it in case of need, then I will install Z-Way to check how it configures the ttyAMA0 port and if I can see the devices with Domoticz!

michap

Post by michap »

Have you checked the logs for your Razberry device?

as sample

Code: Select all

dmesg |grep AMA
[    0.973717] 20201000.serial: ttyAMA0 at MMIO 0x20201000 (irq = 81, base_baud = 0) is a PL011 rev2
or grep in syslog etc.

Maybe your Razberry is not configured right?
Check this (Razberry part)
https://www.vesternet.com/pages/apnt-85 ... I7cfnXhDqP

Michael
cpighin

Post by cpighin »

I think that the RaZberry has worked fine until the updating of Domoticz (see first message) and I'm confident that is still ok.
Thanks for your help!

Claudio 😀
cpighin

Post by cpighin »

Hi PoltoS,

I installed Z-Way but I don't see any device!
In the Dashboard I read "There are no devices on Dashboard" and here is the Elements page.

What should I do?