Invalid argument error when changing thermostat value

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
pgdharman

Re: Invalid argument error when changing thermostat value

Post by pgdharman »

PoltoS wrote:
27 Nov 2021 01:37
;) Yes, we have the same story. Those triangles will change soon to a reasonable thing.

The problem with the thermostat looks strange. It appears that ThermostatSetpoint is supported, while Thermostat mode is even not supported, but controlled only. This is a pretty rare case and we should fix it. Please try this fix: https://github.com/Z-Wave-Me/home-autom ... 6db4280835
My line numbers are different, but I've applied the patch to the relevant pieces of code. The errors are gone. Thanks!

Yes, the SRT321 is a little quirky, I have three of them (one on this system, and two on another). I use the "Association" app to map the SRT321's "call for heat" to a SSR303's "thermostat" relay control. Doing this rather than a direct association gives me visibility of requests, while retaining the benefit of relying on the SSR301's regulatory compliance to turn off after an hour if no further request is received (IIRC the SRT321 sends out a repeat request every 59 minutes). The only control I need over the SRT321 is for the SET point.

Cheers,
Phil