Controller is secondary in the network. Your primary controller is in a special SIS mode

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
eligius

Controller is secondary in the network. Your primary controller is in a special SIS mode

Post by eligius »

Hi, I have interview problems with security and security3 class. they do not finish so I have to set to done.
I the expert UI I see the message "Controller is secondary..." and the buttons are gray (I can't start inclusion in the expert UI). After I have assigned SIS so I can start the inclusion in expert, but I see some things that I not understand, so maybe the is still a problem.

The message "Controller is secondary..." is still present.

Role in Network
Node Id: 1
Home Id: 0xxxxx
Primary Role: Yes
Primary Capability: No
SUC/SIS in network: 1 (SIS)

/: None (17:54)
nodeId: 1 (17:54)
homeId: 5 (17:54)
SUCNodeId: 1 (17:54)
isPrimary: true (17:54)
isInOthersNetwork: false (17:54)
isRealPrimary: false (17:54)
isSUC: true (17:54)
SISPresent: true (17:54)

So, have any a idee or can explain it?

Z-Wave Chip: ZW0500
SDK Version: 6.81.01
Serial API Version: 05.36

Version number: v3.0.6
UI version 1.5.1

On Debian 9.11

The final will be to reset the controller to factory default and rebuild the automation.
rafale77

Re: Controller is secondary in the network. Your primary controller is in a special SIS mode

Post by rafale77 »

I have the exact same configuration on my installation with exactly the same controller info but I do not get "the controller is secondary" message and am able to include just fine. Did you setup the controller initially as a secondary?
PoltoS

Re: Controller is secondary in the network. Your primary controller is in a special SIS mode

Post by PoltoS »

This might happen if factory initialisation was interrupted by unplugging.

The simplest thing is to make a backup, reset the dongle and restore back the backup.

Another fact that points me to this is your home id starting with 0. Should start with c-f.
eligius

Post by eligius »

The Controller was not setup as secondary,at least not conscious. I use it for more then two years.
Some upgrades automation and FW was made, I think after one of this tasks it happens...
I'll try on next big change to reset and reinstall the whole automation.
Regads, I'll write an new update.
philippescholtes

Post by philippescholtes »

the one and only Razberry card on my network decided to set itself as secondary controller. it does not see any devices, cannot include or exclude, and cannot restore the complete backup of the network I had recently saved. The smart UI offers no option--all buttons are grayed out or irresponsive. No hard or soft resetting could bring it back to its role of primary controller. Any advice?
eligius

Post by eligius »

For me, it works in this way. I have set the Controller and the APP/UI to factory default and started from scretch. Now it work as expected.