Integration with Home Assistant

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
PoltoS

Re: Integration with Home Assistant

Post by PoltoS »

Can you check the Websocket to make sure it is HA? (Using Wireshark for example)
mango

Post by mango »

PoltoS wrote:
17 May 2022 11:17
Do you mean HA is polling sensors and this results in a lot of Get in the network?
You are right - i just did a tcpdump and every time z-way is queuing up jobs (meter/alarms), i can see traffic coming to/from Home Assistant. Looks like im going to need to disable those sensors from HA.

Thanks @PoltoS
mango

Post by mango »

Hey again @PoltoS - it turns out, the polling/Meter Get/Alarm Gets are happening within Z-way and sending the data to HA. I have shutdown HA completely, and the polling is still happening within Z-Way
mango

Post by mango »

Another update: I reached out to my vendor Aeotec, they gave me relevant parameters (which i have followed), and advised me if that does not work, polling is coming from the hub/controller directly. Where can i disable polling from the hub?
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

It might come only from Sensor Value Polling.
mango

Post by mango »

PoltoS wrote:
20 May 2022 01:29
It might come only from Sensor Value Polling.
Thanks PoltoS - i wasnt sure what you meant, but after some digging i found out its under the 'standard' menu, and there is an app for Sensor Polling that is enabled by default. I disabled this, and boom, meter polling disappeared - so thanks! Its just frustrating because i spent almost a week upgrading firmware, tinkering with HA, modifying configuration parameters etc... Given the amount of noise polling generates - my opinion is that App should be disabled by default.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

It is disabled by default for almost two years. Maybe your installation comes from an older time?
PerH

Post by PerH »

PoltoS wrote:
07 May 2022 01:59
In next version of the integration (June, I believe) we will merge all widgets from one device together.
Hi! Is this implemented in HASS 2022.6.5? If so, do I have to delete the integration i had already?

next question: is there somewhere I can see the token in use? you can only see the first digits in the settings..
lanbrown

Post by lanbrown »

It was not listed in the release notes. Whenever there is an update, what has changed is listed in the release notes. Before applying an update, you should always look at the release notes. At times there are changes to integrations and can break how you use it. Also some integrations have been removed.

Even though a backup is typical made before you apply updates. I perform a full backup and export it before the upgrade. If the updates kills the system, I can more easily recover from it via a restore. The backup that is made before the update is a partial.

I used a dedicated account for the Z-Way integration.

The token can be found:
/root/config/.storage/core.config_entries

You will find all of the credentials used for the various integrations and other parameters in that file.
lanbrown

Post by lanbrown »

Looks like it might be July. It currently still in the dev build:
https://github.com/home-assistant/core/pull/72714