Integration with Home Assistant

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
PoltoS

Re: Integration with Home Assistant

Post by PoltoS »

We are working on the OpenZWave adopter. It will be limited in first releases, but this is an open source project and new features will be easy to add. Here is the project: https://github.com/Z-Wave-Me/ozway/

Hope in about a week it will be worh testing.
jeey

Post by jeey »

PoltoS wrote:
03 Sep 2020 00:54
We are working on the OpenZWave adopter. It will be limited in first releases, but this is an open source project and new features will be easy to add. Here is the project: https://github.com/Z-Wave-Me/ozway/

Hope in about a week it will be worh testing.
First of all nice work.
But i have to admit i don't understand why you have chosen this route.
You plug into another project that you will have problems keeping up with.

As feature advances in Open-Zwave their code will change, your plugin model would likely break?

Why wouldn't you simply implement native MQTT in your core code?
The main reason why i would chose Zway is your UI, it's awsome.
gbone001

Post by gbone001 »

where is this now? i am keen to get the two worlds talking...
gbone001

Post by gbone001 »

we can dream!
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Sorry, it is in our long test queue, but approaching
gbone001

Post by gbone001 »

is it far, can we test yet?
Prometheus

Post by Prometheus »

Any news?
th3n3k

Post by th3n3k »

To anyone who has tried zway: in which ways will it be better than the three options Home Assistant already manage to deal with ZWave.
It is a honest question, as I don't know zway option (and I'm not able to test by myself right now because my dongle seems to be bricked...).

My tests with HA + integrated ZWave were OK. Moving on towards HA + MQTT + OZW or HA + MQTT + Zwave2MQTT were unpleasant as the whole system become unreliable. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it doesn't. Is ZWay more reliable than the mentioned options?
vinisz

Post by vinisz »

Well, my 2 cents on "home automation" ... at the moment my configuration consists over more then 200 z-wave nodes, so quite a "big" environment.
It all started with a Fibaro HC2 as controller, but over time, this became unstable until it even just "freezes" way to many times, bringing my house to a stall... I then migrated to Domoticz, together with a Aeonlabs Z-wave stick as the controller. That went ok, but not to happy with open Z-wave part...
I already started to build the automation in node-red by then... (via MQTT).
After that I tested with homeseer.. with RPI and same z-wave controller... for automation also still on node-red.
That was not too bad, but missing some things...
I then found out about Zway and the UZB controller stick, very happy to see the very solid engineering part for Zwave, all insights, many details (like interview results, analyzer, etc etc... Together with node-red (which I have all my automation in, also Sonons, Homerbridge (for IOS) , dashboard (for Ipad on wall) I think I found the ideal combination of automation (node-red) and a very robust z-wave controller (Zway), it always works and never let's me down...
sofakng

Post by sofakng »

Any updates/progress on this? I see the last update on Github was August 26th.