Integration with Home Assistant

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
lanbrown

Re: Integration with Home Assistant

Post by lanbrown »

mango wrote:
06 May 2023 12:09
Currently having a weird issue which started about 2 days ago (I must have triggered it with a HA update...), so i have multiple Aeotec MS6's which provide sensor data like motion, temperature etc. As of 2 days ago, only my motion, burgler, alarm data is reported to HA. A couple of other entities including temperature entities are 'dead' according to the integration. I tried to remove the entity and resync, but now it does now even pick up. For the integration, im using an Admin Account, so it should have access to ALL devices. Anybody experiencing this issue?
I have noticed the same thing.
lanbrown

Post by lanbrown »

I have HA perform a full backup everyday and just restored the backup and the sensor data is back. So clearly something is amiss between the integration and HA.
mango

Post by mango »

lanbrown wrote:
09 May 2023 05:28
mango wrote:
06 May 2023 12:09
Currently having a weird issue which started about 2 days ago (I must have triggered it with a HA update...), so i have multiple Aeotec MS6's which provide sensor data like motion, temperature etc. As of 2 days ago, only my motion, burgler, alarm data is reported to HA. A couple of other entities including temperature entities are 'dead' according to the integration. I tried to remove the entity and resync, but now it does now even pick up. For the integration, im using an Admin Account, so it should have access to ALL devices. Anybody experiencing this issue?
I have noticed the same thing.
Not just me going crazy then (I'm thinking the only thing has changed is Updates to Home Assistant Core/OS which may have broke something) - i need to stop getting into the bad habit of trigger-happy updating Home Assistant, everytime it pops up with a new version.

I don't see anything unusual from the logs...

However, i have downgraded from v5 back to v2023.4.4 to do some testing
mango

Post by mango »

lanbrown wrote:
09 May 2023 06:30
I have HA perform a full backup everyday and just restored the backup and the sensor data is back. So clearly something is amiss between the integration and HA.
Just realised you replied right before/after my last post. I can confirm my temp sensors are back after reverting back to 2023.4.4

Not sure what or where the fault is, but wont be upgrading anytime soon.
lanbrown

Post by lanbrown »

Obviously something changed under the hood in HA. So most likely the fix will either need to be in HA or in the integration. Anyway, we will have to wait for PoltoS to investigate and determine the failure.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Could you please give us a bit more details? We are doing some improvements, but not sure they are related to your issue
mango

Post by mango »

Hey @PoltoS

Really unsure to to best assist, i think Ianbrown is more technically sound than me. I'm happy to update back to 2023.5 on HA, and provide the output of the logs, but the issue in summary is (for me at least), relates to Aeotec Multisensor 6's, temperature sensor. The MS6's have multiple sensors like Luminosity, Motion, Humidity, but post the update, the only sensor that stops getting the data is temperature. I can see the data is still available on Z-way's interface.
Willem_K

Post by Willem_K »

Hi,

I am also experiencing problems with sensors (Fibaro and MCOHome) after updating HA. It appears that “sensor.” entities are not available anymore. When I add “type-sensor” to the device instance in Z-Way the entity is coming back in HA. I think it's not related to Aeotec but a generic issue.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

May be it is related to this fix: https://github.com/Z-Wave-Me/zwave-me-w ... 40d56d95ab

If you could provide us access to your controller to this sensor only, we can check it (you can add a new user with this device only and provide a remote token or id/username/password)
lanbrown

Post by lanbrown »

PM sent with access credentials