Integration with Home Assistant

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
PerH

Re: Integration with Home Assistant

Post by PerH »

So, I see there is some progress in this: https://github.com/home-assistant/core/pull/61182

I'm not fluent in Github, is it possible to test this somehow?
lanbrown

Post by lanbrown »

PerH wrote:
22 Jan 2022 02:11
So, I see there is some progress in this: https://github.com/home-assistant/core/pull/61182

I'm not fluent in Github, is it possible to test this somehow?
I would wait to see what early February brings. The next Home Assistant release is early in February. Surely you could wait say two weeks. It might be March depending on what Z-Wave.me wants to do. You can run what is on Github. Things may not work as expected since there can be changes daily to various parts. Do you really want to run Alpha (pre-beta) code for your HA system?
I think this is ready now.

Before we merge, we should consider switching target branch to a separate branch instead of dev branch to allow more PRs to that separate branch before we merge to dev to be able to release all device support in the same release.

The beta cut for next release is next week, so there will not be enough time to get multiple platforms merged before that release. I think you mentioned that you wanted to have complete platform support before releasing the first version of the integration.

Please confirm that you want a separate target branch, and I'll create that for you.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Currently, only one platform was approved. We are proceeding next week with other platforms. Hope, once the main part of the integration was approved, now it will go faster
PerH

Post by PerH »

Sounds good, i have a separate linux PC I can test the integration with (without f**ing up my main system), so how do I get the HASS version with this integration up and running? Some GIT command?

which platform is the one through review now?

I would pack it into a docker and link it to my main z-way install..
PerH

Post by PerH »

So, is this on the highway to be included in the february release now?

I'd really like to test this, as my setup had some issues that require a lot of work, and i would like to do this integration instead of fixing the old one..

Let me know as soon as there is a HASS OS docker with this in place. :)
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

We have already approved four integrations in HA. Four more left. I hope it will take not more than 2-3 days. But this is only integration. For the add-on we need to adopt our Docker. It will take one more week I believe, but this is now pretty straightforward.
PerH

Post by PerH »

Forgive me for my ignorance, but i'm not that into the HA infrastructure.. Is there a way I can install the approved integrations?

I don't think I need it to be an add-on in my system, as i'm not running HASS OS, but in Docker (which has no add-ons except native integrations and HACS)
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Currently, you can only install from Github. The new integration should become part of one of the next official HA update.
PerH

Post by PerH »

Any news on this?

I find it hard to find a status on integrations like this, now the add-z-wave.me tag/branch is gone. is there a status log where i can find out where this integration is in the loop?
lanbrown

Post by lanbrown »

This was from 20-days ago:
Dev automation moved this from Reviewer approved to Done 20 days ago
Probably what you were looking at is not there as it is being integrated into Home Assistant. So that branch would cease to exist when that occurs. Consider that branch like a snapshot of HA and then the integration and subsequent changes are added. Eventually those changes (if approved) make their way to the release. So that snapshot is no longer active. Keep in mind that other changes are being made to HA by other developers in terms of integrations as well as to HA itself. So when a merge happens those changes are added so the former branches are not active anymore. If they were kept, then they would have old HA code in it.

It is a possibility that this integration didn't make the cutoff for the February release and thus the next release would be March.