Integration with Home Assistant

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
PoltoS

Re: Integration with Home Assistant

Post by PoltoS »

Correct, it was merged a few days after the February release was made. So it will be in the March one.
PerH

Post by PerH »

Ok, thanks!

(and thanks for the GitHub lesson Ian, learning something new every day. :) )

How will the devices and rooms be handled?
In the OpenLuup integration, all names and rooms can be taken in from Z-Way, and I find it very practical to set that up in the native system, and that the second system layer (HA/OL) updates form there.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

In HAss rooms and names are not picked up from Z-Way. But it is possible if HAss can handle it. We will check it.
PerH

Post by PerH »

Thanks! :) Its a good option to have for quick setup of an existing z-way installation, and in my case i'd prefer if names was checked/updated on HASS restart too.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

updating from Z-Way is not a good idea, but loading initial names and rooms will be implemented in the next release
PerH

Post by PerH »

Perfect! :)

The update on restart of HASS would just be to not having to maintain name changes in two places if i I.e. move a sensor, but its no big deal.
Primrose44

Post by Primrose44 »

What is the latest news on this? Were you able to test the integration?
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

PerH wrote:
16 Feb 2022 12:31
Perfect! :)

The update on restart of HASS would just be to not having to maintain name changes in two places if i I.e. move a sensor, but its no big deal.
This feature was merged today and will be part of the March release. Thanks for the feedback!
PerH

Post by PerH »

Primrose44 wrote:
21 Feb 2022 19:04
What is the latest news on this? Were you able to test the integration?
I haven't yet. I'm using dockers, so in order to test this i would (as far as i know) have to create a custom container with some version from github, and i haven't gotten around to that yet. I think i'll just wait for the march release.

Sounds good Poltos, looking forward to test it. :)
kfxo

Post by kfxo »

I was able to get the integration working by installing the most recent home assistant beta, performing the patch as indicated in the related UUID post, restarting z-way, creating a new user in z-way for home assistant with access to some devices, sign into z-way as the new user, copying the the token including the "/" and setting the session to infinite, adding the integration to home assistant through the integration section using ws://YOUR_IP:8083 as the ip and the copied token.

Is there anywhere we can report issues? It appears the integration is not updating the state of the created entities. For example, when I turn off a switch, the switch turns off but the state stays ON in home assistant. Also, a dimmable switch was discovered as a number.

edit: I discovered that the integration was not updating the state of the created entities because I was using a token for a user that did not have Admin as the role. Changed the users Role to admin and now the states update.
Last edited by kfxo on 05 Apr 2022 15:25, edited 1 time in total.