Re: Integration with Home Assistant

Post by PoltoS »

You can report in our GitHub repository https://github.com/Z-Wave-Me/ha-core
michap

Post by michap »

kfxo wrote:
28 Feb 2022 20:15
I was able to get the integration working by installing the most recent home assistant beta, performing the patch as indicated in the related UUID post, restarting z-way, creating a new user in z-way for home assistant with access to some devices, sign into z-way as the new user, copying the the token including the "/" and setting the session to infinite, adding the integration to home assistant through the integration section using ws://YOUR_IP:8083 as the ip and the copied token.

Is there anywhere we can report issues? It appears the integration is not updating the state of the created entities. For example, when I turn off a switch, the switch turns off but the state stays ON in home assistant. Also, a dimmable switch was discovered as a number.
Hi,

I cannot confirm these problems.

Was able before to test with latest HA beta and patched Z-Way version, and could not see problems.
Today have updated (at second Pi) the docker version to 2022.03 and have connected again the Z-Way instance (at other Pi, because of Z-Way cannot run at Pi4 with 64bit OS) using the URL [IP address]:8083 (without http:// or ws://) and can say that it is working.
Now the HA rooms will be loaded and devices can be assigned to that rooms. Additional new rooms can be added to HA.

Switch can be switched at both places (HA or Z-Way) and Thermostat setpoint can be changed without problem. Sensor values will be changed in HA.

So - from my side after first (short) test, all is working as expected in this time for me - a great job! Thanks to the Z-Way team!

Michael
tom123

Post by tom123 »

I am very disappointed...
For me the integration is unusable because each entity is also a device. This makes no sense at all. Aeotec doorbell alone generates 302 devices and entities!! Has anyone ever tested this with more than one device?
I will keep my MQTT integration with autodiscovery that distinguishes between devices and entities until the Aeotec z-stick 7 is available and works well with HA.

Don't want to continue with Russia related products anyway !

Tom
michap

Post by michap »

tom123 wrote:
04 Mar 2022 00:18
I am very disappointed...
For me the integration is unusable because each entity is also a device.
Yes, you are right, it is not optimal in this time.

But, as you know, you can hide the not needed entities so that it could be usable...
neutrino

Post by neutrino »

I think there are uglier bugs:
For example the most sensors-types are not integrated correctly.
After integrating a second Z-Way hub, some entity IDs are dublicated and friendly names are "mixed"

But it works and i can use it for the most things.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

@neutrino
Please share with us which sensor-types are incorrect? We need your feedback to improve

Please also share more details on issues with the second Z-Way integrated.

The full integration source code is located on GitHub and you can contribute: Please feel free to contribute
neutrino

Post by neutrino »

@PoltoS
The only ones who are correctly defined are the temperature sensors.
Humidity, Luminescence, CO2... Are only numbered devices without a unit or a type.

For me its hard to locate the other problems. I only can describe it and some issues are sporadic.
I think the best way to locate them will be a remote session.

I try to report my problems at the weekend on GitHub.

PoltoS wrote:
09 Mar 2022 02:00
@neutrino
Please share with us which sensor-types are incorrect? We need your feedback to improve

Please also share more details on issues with the second Z-Way integrated.

The full integration source code is located on GitHub and you can contribute: Please feel free to contribute
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Okay, noted. We will improve it.

It should be enough to add new types here:
https://github.com/Z-Wave-Me/ha-core/bl ... sor.py#L29

If you can contribute, would be nice. We have scheduled this work for most popular sensors.
seiken

Post by seiken »

I finally managed to update to 3.2.3 and get z-wave.me in homeassistant, now I only have a small number of devices connected to z-wave.me as I want to test this before I move from my hc3. I have added 6 qubino mini dimmers but this does not come in as light in HA but as a switch or as Controls instead of light and dimmer. is it possible to change in z-wave.me how ha see the units or is it possible to change in ha so they go in as lights?

//Regards
kfxo

Post by kfxo »

Im on 3.2.3 and HA 2022.3. The integration only works for me if the token is for a user that has an 'admin' role. I created a new user for home assistant with the role 'user' so that I could limit the devices. The states of discovered devices for this user would not update if they changed. I then changed the users role to 'admin' and the states update as they should.