Integration with Home Assistant

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
seiken

Re: Integration with Home Assistant

Post by seiken »

kfxo wrote:
05 Apr 2022 15:31
Im on 3.2.3 and HA 2022.3. The integration only works for me if the token is for a user that has an 'admin' role. I created a new user for home assistant with the role 'user' so that I could limit the devices. The states of discovered devices for this user would not update if they changed. I then changed the users role to 'admin' and the states update as they should.
did you try to login as the user and give user the right so see all devices before adding the user to HA?
mmpm

Post by mmpm »

Thanks to the zwave.me team from my side. You are doing a great job :!:

I still have two issues with the integration and I don't know how to handle them.

The Goap Qubino Mini Dimmers are not shown as a light entity. Only as an input slider.

With Core 2022.4 and its latest zwave.me integration it should be possible to use zwave roller shutters as cover. Unluckyly this doesn't seem to work for me. Tested in two installations. I use Fibaro Roller Shutters 2 and 3.

The covers are greyed out in HA. Am I doing something wrong?

Log says for each of the 11 roller shutters:

Code: Select all

2022-04-07 17:59:24 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.cover] Error adding entities for domain cover with platform zwave_me
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 382, in async_add_entities
await asyncio.gather(*tasks)
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 614, in _async_add_entity
await entity.add_to_platform_finish()
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 799, in add_to_platform_finish
self.async_write_ha_state()
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 532, in async_write_ha_state
self._async_write_ha_state()
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 570, in _async_write_ha_state
state = self._stringify_state(available)
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 538, in _stringify_state
if (state := self.state) is None:
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/cover/__init__.py", line 240, in state
if (closed := self.is_closed) is None:
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/cover/__init__.py", line 293, in is_closed
return self._attr_is_closed
AttributeError: 'ZWaveMeCover' object has no attribute '_attr_is_closed'
2022-04-07 17:59:24 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 382, in async_add_entities
await asyncio.gather(*tasks)
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 614, in _async_add_entity
await entity.add_to_platform_finish()
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 799, in add_to_platform_finish
self.async_write_ha_state()
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 532, in async_write_ha_state
self._async_write_ha_state()
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 570, in _async_write_ha_state
state = self._stringify_state(available)
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 538, in _stringify_state
if (state := self.state) is None:
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/cover/__init__.py", line 240, in state
if (closed := self.is_closed) is None:
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/cover/__init__.py", line 293, in is_closed
return self._attr_is_closed
AttributeError: 'ZWaveMeCover' object has no attribute '_attr_is_closed'
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Could you please send us in support a remote token for a user with access to those two devices + a short description of what is wrong? We will check it.
PerH

Post by PerH »

I've tried again with HASS 2022.4 and Z-Way 3.2.3, and I still can't connect them.. I tried to generate new tokens with the new function, but it just says "not found".

I guess the problem is somehow because i run both applications in Dockers, but they see eachother on an internal network, so it should work?

Can I ask why the initial login from HASS isn't done with a user/password?
My OpenLuup z-way integration works just fine via websocket, and in this one you log on with a user/password the first time, and the token is then stored in openluup for later logons (i.e. after restarts)..

This line appears in HASS log after one attempt at connection:

Code: Select all

2022-05-01 18:01:45 ERROR (Thread-28) [websocket] error from callback <bound method ZWaveMe.on_message of <zwave_me_ws.ZWaveMe.ZWaveMe object at 0x7f4c982dce20>>: on_message() missing 1 required positional argument: 'utf'
PerH

Post by PerH »

Solved it. There was obviously some issues in my config files, so as i hadn't set up too much in home assistant yet, i started fresh and installed z-wave.me integration first.

Looks good now, i'd also prefer to have consumtions and such as variables under the main units, but I guess thats because of how it is in z-way?
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

In next version of the integration (June, I believe) we will merge all widgets from one device together.
PerH

Post by PerH »

Cool!

I guess i should wait setting up automations until then as addresses to the devices will change?

Good job, guys!
debraplm51

Post by debraplm51 »

Browse to your Home Assistant instance. In the sidebar click on Configuration. From the configuration menu select: Integrations. In the bottom right, click on the Add Integration button.

myfiosgateway.com
mobdro
Last edited by debraplm51 on 20 May 2022 13:10, edited 1 time in total.
mango

Post by mango »

Successfully using this integration at the moment - just wanted to know about polling/meter/alarms: I'm getting alot of noise at the moment but ive checked the parameters on z-way and all meter reporting seems to be disabled by default, but i still dont understand why its still flooding network. Is it because Home Assistant is requesting for the data? (i.e. do i need to disable the entities on HA to stop Energy Polling on Z-way?)
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Do you mean HA is polling sensors and this results in a lot of Get in the network?