Repeat app

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
Helleman

Repeat app

Post by Helleman »

Is there a repeat app that can repeat the execution of a scene for instance?
I am executing different scenes with my nodon remote and sometimes one or two lamps are not turned on. Therefore I would like to have a repeate function that executes the same scene again after say 20s.
This is useful if I cannot se all lamps affected by a scene from the room where I am using the remote in.
PoltoS

Re: Repeat app

Post by PoltoS »

It is worth to understand why they do not turn on/off
Helleman

Post by Helleman »

PoltoS wrote:
21 Jun 2020 22:50
It is worth to understand why they do not turn on/off
I have only thought it is a performance issue with the system and the Raspberry. I guess I don’t expect the Raspberry to be that exact. 😊
It mostly happens when I issue many commands at the same time, like for instance when executing a scene with many switches in it.
Sometimes though, it can happen while just pressing one switch in the z-wave.me web interface.
I should add that I just updated like a week ago from v 2.3.8 or something, to v3.0.6. Also, The firmware on the razberry is 5.04 and I intend to update that very soon.

Another thing that might be interesting is that my flush switches are all Qubino-switches and they very often miss to report back if they are on or off. They never miss to turn on or off when the Raspberry sends a command, they just very often miss to return their status.
AlesKO

Post by AlesKO »

Same problems here.
'Morning scene' which includes 13 blinds and 4 switches. Happens many times that some switch is not turned Off (or On at 'Evening scene').
Also have one Qubino Roller shutter which always turns On/Off but rarely reports actual status back to Controller.

It is really bad experince that z-wave system is so unreliable.
Wonder how to trace bad device behavior in log file?
ridewithstyle

Post by ridewithstyle »

not questioning the sanity of your plans, but it seems that you could use the delayed scene action for that and retrigger the same actions. But you would have to include a marker (e.g. dummy binary switch) that you set on the first trigger and conditionally execute the second.

Can be done but investigating the problem should be the sensible alternative
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

When some switch is not urned on (or off), it is worth to analyse the log and see what was wrong in Z-Way. May be a routing issue and in that case you should heal routes.
Helleman

Post by Helleman »

ridewithstyle wrote:
06 Jul 2020 11:09
not questioning the sanity of your plans, but it seems that you could use the delayed scene action for that and retrigger the same actions. But you would have to include a marker (e.g. dummy binary switch) that you set on the first trigger and conditionally execute the second.

Can be done but investigating the problem should be the sensible alternative
I am already solving the problem with a delayed scene action that is a copy of the original scene. 😊 I don’t use a dummy switch though, would that remove the need for two exactly the same scenes with different names to keep staying out of a loop?
Helleman

Post by Helleman »

PoltoS wrote:
07 Jul 2020 00:45
When some switch is not urned on (or off), it is worth to analyse the log and see what was wrong in Z-Way. May be a routing issue and in that case you should heal routes.
Yeah, I need to get to know the log files and understand what they say.