Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
i8beef

Re: HomeSeer WD200+ dimmer report state issue

Post by i8beef »

Any suggestions on what to tell them?
i8beef

Post by i8beef »

Is ZWay using OpenZWave behind the scenes? Is this something I can take up with them?
nikkinemo95

Post by nikkinemo95 »

I am having this problem with both dimmer accessories I have. The problem is that the "Last On" functionality isn't working properly with certain lights.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

The workaround should work for S2 too (#20). But it will not if Supervision is in Supported Secure Commands, which is wrong according to spec. Need to see it in logs of S2 interview.

As for what is wrong, the reply to Supervision Get is wrong. And other controllers do not have problems with it since most of the do not support S2 and Supervision. So, this is not an argument ;)
i8beef

Post by i8beef »

I was unable to get the same trick to work with S2. For now I've just included non-secure and used this trick of modifying the NIF it sends before interviewing. I will pass along your assertion that they have implemented Supervision get incorrectly.
i8beef

Post by i8beef »

Just an aside too, their WF-200+ switches (fan control switches, same generation) are S2 secure and they show up in the log during changes correctly with the 255 value coming back for Supervision Get, so I suspect you are correct and they just have implemented this wrong in this switch firmware. I've passed this along to them.
birjesh

Post by birjesh »

Is there a particular convention spec I can point at to protect that the HomeSeer firmware isn't right? I don't see precisely what the issue is here, just that we've basically expelled the Supervision order support from the NIF and it reports fine... in any case, the workaround here doesn't appear to work on the off chance that I have the switch included safely (I'm expecting secure = no NIF control outside of beginning meeting), so I'd truly prefer to raise to the fitting individuals here, however, I don't have the foggiest idea how to clarify what's going on.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Here is the spec:
https://www.silabs.com/documents/login/ ... cation.pdf
Table 23, Supervision Report :: Status identifiers