Fibaro Wall Plug - unexpected turnons and turnoffs

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
z-wavettaja

Fibaro Wall Plug - unexpected turnons and turnoffs

Post by z-wavettaja »

Is there a way to trace, why one of my socked turned on?

This is not a first time I have noticed this, but now I started to investigate what is happening, why and what could cause it. In this case my wall plug have turned on. If I look in GUI history, this turn on event is not appearing there. Then I took a look to zway server log and found these lines:

Code: Select all

[2020-07-25 22:11:17.828] [D] [zway] SETDATA devices.38.data.lastReceived = 0 (0x00000000)
[2020-07-25 22:11:17.828] [I] [zway] Node 38:0 CC Security: Received a secure message
[2020-07-25 22:11:17.834] [D] [zway] SETDATA devices.38.instances.0.commandClasses.152.data.firstPart = **********
[2020-07-25 22:11:17.834] [I] [zway] Node 38:0 CC Security: passing decrypted packet to application level: [ 25 03 ff ]
[2020-07-25 22:11:17.835] [D] [zway] SETDATA devices.38.instances.0.commandClasses.37.data.level = True
[2020-07-25 22:11:17.848] [I] [core] http://mydomain.xx/zway/zway.php?device=%DEVICE%&state=%VALUE% : ZWayVDev_zway_38-0-37 : on : http://mydomain.xx/zway/zway.php?device=ZWayVDev_zway_38-0-37&state=on
[2020-07-25 22:11:17.860] [I] [core] Notification: device-info (device-OnOff): {"dev":"Floorheating","l":"on","location":11}
[2020-07-25 22:11:17.941] [I] [core] [BaseModule-13] Set lastLevel to on for ZWayVDev_zway_38-0-37 (was off)
Could you please help me understand, why id turned on and where command came from? Or where I can search and what to find out reason to that turnon? I have also other Fibaro wall plug and many times it turn off around same time at night and I can not find a source, why it happens.
Raspi 4(Buster), Zwave Version 4.0.2 (7.28), Raz 7 Pro
z-wavettaja

Re: Fibaro Wall Plug - unexpected turnons and turnoffs

Post by z-wavettaja »

Now I think that this have been happened also on other device: telldus socket have turned on and in GUI there is no event for that and I can not understand why/what turned it on.
Raspi 4(Buster), Zwave Version 4.0.2 (7.28), Raz 7 Pro
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

From the log looks like device turned on by itself or it was turned on by a direct association. Next Z-Way will allow to sniff packets between devices, so direct association command will be seen in the zniffer log
himac

Post by himac »

The wall plug seam to have a general problem that their status is not or incorrectly visualized on GUI level.
In my case initiating a SWITCH by hitting the button at the wall plug sometimes gives an reaction on the GUI. But doing so via the API, the
wall plug switches, that means On and OFF works on hardware level but in the GUI you will never get a status feedback. Zniffer doesn't see the API switch.
Rules have the same problem. When the rule detects a reason for switching the wall plug does so, but is not able the detect the opposite action because the rule doesn't get the status von the wall plug.
firmware v3.2.1 -- UI version v1.13.3 -- build 15-09-2021 18:52
SirHegel

Post by SirHegel »

I have several Philio pan04-1b relays in my setup, and some of them turn on randomly; I was about to ask the same question. I have latest firmware and UI, too. In my case the devices turn on if certain conditons apply.

The relays have a setting which defines how the connected switch is supposed to work. If parameter 4 is set to 3 "Edge-toggle-mode", the relay changes state whenever the connected physical switch is flipped regardless of the switch position, which is handy with bi-stable switches, so you don't have to flip the switch twice if it is in wrong position. If this setting is set, the switch does not have "on" and "off" positions; the light will turn on and off every time the switch is flipped. In reality, however, there input of the relay is connected to mains through the switch in the other position, and nothing in the other.

Some of my relays which have this edge-toggle-mode set will turn on randomly, but only if the physical switch is in "wrong" position. In the other position the light stays off. I have not verified, but my theory is that the error-prone switch position might be the one in which the input is not connected to mains, and the wire connected to the relay is practically floating. The hardware of the relay might perhaps work erroneously and trigger state change caused by noise in the wire or something.

What is strange, on some nights the light turns on exactly on hour, which made me think it might be a software bug. However, I was not able to see any traffic using the sniffer.
Vovven

Post by Vovven »

I can confirm the problem with Philio switches. They seem to be noise sensitive.
I have the same problem, if you have a relatively long wire (i.e. the distance between the wall-switch and the Philio switch is long) which is open ended, the Philio switch switch is randomly triggered by the noise created through induction.

This is why the problem is dependant of the position of your wall-switch.

In the on position of your wall-switch you apply 220 V to the trigger input of the Philio switch, in this case no false triggering occurs.
In the off position the trigger input is open ended and prone to noise. The open ended wire is in most cases located in parallell with a 220 V wire which is the source for induction.