SmartHome UI - ERROR "Unable to update data"

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
vlad

SmartHome UI - ERROR "Unable to update data"

Post by vlad »

Happens when I am trying to save from Elements -> Configuration View of device -> "Save" button.

Interesting that changes to the device got saved but just at last moment this error dialog pops-up with "Unable to update data" message.

I have looked into source code but there are so many places where this dialog is called... I'm at lost where to look and how to fix it.

If this could help, after pressing "Save" button I see some commands goes from UI to ZWay server in web console, and one of them is failed with 404 - not found.

It's a POST to http://zwayIP:8083/ZAutomation/api/v1/instances.

But couple lines before the same request with GET was done fine with status code 200.
enbemokel

Re: SmartHome UI - ERROR "Unable to update data"

Post by enbemokel »

I´m wondering if you configure "battery powerd" or "always on" devices.
Also, maybe z-way server is running in a time out, even tho client updated the data.
You can also check if the command is waiting in job queue for "battery powered" devices.
vlad

Post by vlad »

No, it happened on every device. As for an example I just open up Dummy Device, did nothing and just hit "Save" button and got this error.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

This is solved in the latest version. Please try v3.1.0 (in the process of release, you can already find .deb package on our site).
vlad

Post by vlad »

Just did an upgrade. Yes this error is gone. Also I see in Expert UI the SDK is reported correctly for 5.39 firmware.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

:D Happy to know