Force remove unresponsive mains powered device?

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
MrRusch

Force remove unresponsive mains powered device?

Post by MrRusch »

After some non-optimal backup and restore cycles, I have found myself with a few devices that are non-responsive in that I cannot exclude them from the network. The devices already believes they are excluded, so I only get the "removed from foregin network" message during attempts. But somehow the RaZberry/Z-way-server still believes they are alive. The interview state only lists one command class (Basic) and forcing a new interview does absolutely nothing, even to that one command class. I can unplug the device and take it with me off-site, and they are still somehow not marked as failed. So I can't remove them..
Any ideas on how to either force remove a functioning device that cannot be excluded, or force mark a device as failed?
PoltoS

Re: Force remove unresponsive mains powered device?

Post by PoltoS »

Please use Remove Failed from Expert UI / Network / Control
MrRusch

Post by MrRusch »

PoltoS wrote:
13 Sep 2020 03:59
Please use Remove Failed from Expert UI / Network / Control
The devices are NOT marked as failed, so they are not in the list there.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Mark them. Either by sending them any command (for mains and FLiRS) or by the button Mark battery as Failed for sleeping devices
MrRusch

Post by MrRusch »

PoltoS wrote:
14 Sep 2020 13:42
Mark them. Either by sending them any command (for mains and FLiRS) or by the button Mark battery as Failed for sleeping devices
Sending them commands does nothing, it's as if they are dead but not marked as so.
They are not battery powered and can therefore not be marked as failed in this way.
It seems I am stuck in the middle...
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

There is special button in the UI: Devices / Status, right column. It is a ping button. And it should mark the device as dead or confirm delivery. You can also check log when you press it and let us know the result.
MrRusch

Post by MrRusch »

PoltoS wrote:
15 Sep 2020 02:36
There is special button in the UI: Devices / Status, right column. It is a ping button. And it should mark the device as dead or confirm delivery. You can also check log when you press it and let us know the result.
I usually use this button to wake up devices that are incorrectly marked as dead. But in this case, it does nothing. Device is still not marked as failed..
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

What is in the log when you press it?